Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing money from Credit Union a/c?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 8:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

I want to withdraw money from a credit union account, but its not mine, its my step mums, does anyone know if I can do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I want to withdraw money from a credit union account, but its not mine, its my step mums, does anyone know if I can do this?

Does she know about it? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

scudzilla wrote: »
    Does she know about it? :rolleyes:

Yepp its just that the credit union is in Dublin 7 and were in Dublin 15 so she wont have the chance to go

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Usually if she rings them up, and sends you in with a withdrawel slip/note that she has signed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

i've never withdrawn money from a credit union account so im not sure how it works :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Usually if she rings them up, and sends you in with a withdrawel slip/note that she has signed

what would stop some random female ringing up and doing this? I would not be impressed if my CU let this happen.

I think your mother is going to have go to the CU. If the CU is in D7 and you are in D15 how are you satisfying the "Common Bond"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

no you wont be able to withdraw from someone else's account without written authority from the member

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

depends how well known she is in the local cu. i've had my mam withdraw money from my account for me before, same with the bank actually.

it's fantastically convenient sometimes but obviously has some wider implications.

as for the process of withdrawing in general - when i want to take it from my own account i just show up with id and withdraw it there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Years ago when my dad was alive he wanted me to go to his CU and withdraw money from his account. I was his named agent on his account. So all he did was give me a letter saying i give my daughter Miss X X permission to withdraw €x from my account. Please phone me at x phone number.
    So i went to the CU with the letter, I.D for myself which i think they photocopied and they phoned my old man to confirm. It was easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

Your mother should be able to get it transferred into her regular bank account. I did this before when I was abroad, just had to send a fax stating what I wanted.

Advertisement