Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't find VRT on the ROS website

• 20-05-2010 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to find out OMSP and VRT on a new 2010 Audi A3 2ltr Diesel 105BHP 115 CO2.

The ROS website doesn't seem to have this particular car amongst its options, which is strange cause its available both here and in the North.

Does anyone know why this is ? How do I find out the VRT on a car not listed amongst their options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The ROS website is for used cars and the car you're checking is less than 6 months old? Just a guess. I'd give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Look at the Audi price list and take 90% of the value as the OMSP.

Actual OMSP will be determined by visual inspection of the car by the VRO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, you will be charged VAT if it is less than 6 months old and/or has less than 6000km on the clock. VAT is calculated before VRT afaik so that is why it probably doesn't show up on the VRO site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

bazz26 wrote: »
    OP, you will be charged VAT if it is less than 6 months old and/or has less than 6000km on the clock. VAT is calculated before VRT afaik so that is why it probably doesn't show up on the VRO site.

Huh ?
    This is news to me. Surely when you are paying UK VAt you don't pay ROI vat too ?

Huh ?
    This is news to me. Surely when you are paying UK VAt you don't pay ROI vat too ?

You will be able to reclaim the UK VAT, but you must pay both, first.

• Advertisement

Gophur wrote: »
    You will be able to reclaim the UK VAT, but you must pay both, first.

Ah. Thanks.
    Apparently I need to read up more it would seem

Do note some main dealers, in N Ireland, will sell you such a car, VRT included, registered etc.
    It would save you the messing about with VAT reclaim, etc.

Gophur wrote: »
    Do note some main dealers, in N Ireland, will sell you such a car, VRT included, registered etc.
    It would save you the messing about with VAT reclaim, etc.

Ah I see. At the moment I'm just trying to work out figures to see if its actually any cheaper to go up there. But not being able to get the VRT figure kind of makes that difficult.

Recommend any such garages ?

Might I just say - double taxation on a product after I've already been taxed on my wages is utter bollocks. If I were smart I would save my money and spend it on emigrating instead.

So whats the deal these days smart people who know. Still any savings to be made by going up North?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭alo1587

So whats the deal these days smart people who know. Still any savings to be made by going up North?

Yeah big savings to be made if you buy a low emissions diesel car

• Advertisement

So next question.

I gather there is an inspection needed when bringing a car from UK to Eire before you got to VRT office. Who does this inspection ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Also, the 2 litre is 140 or 170 brake and the 105 brake one is a 1.6 afaik

EPM wrote: »
    Also, the 2 litre is 140 or 170 brake and the 105 brake one is a 1.6 afaik

Yeah you are right I got mixed up somewhere, but the important thing is the 140bhp one comes with 115 Co2 and falls into tax bracket A:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

So next question.

I gather there is an inspection needed when bringing a car from UK to Eire before you got to VRT office. Who does this inspection ?
    the vrt people just need to varify the chassie number(i did it yesterday)

the vrt people just need to varify the chassie number(i did it yesterday)

yes but did u get some sort of inspection? I was led to believe it was mandatory ?
    hopeu made good savings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

yes but did u get some sort of inspection? I was led to believe it was mandatory ?
    hopeu made good savings!
    that was my inspection............i asked her why she needed to see the car?(just for my curiosity) and she said she just needed to verify the chassie nuber,i lifted the bonnet,and called out the number and she said thanks very much,end of.

i'll pm you what i got and the price,let me know what you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

I've never seen them inspect a car before. Out of about 4 cars.

Vertakill wrote: »
    I've never seen them inspect a car before. Out of about 4 cars.

Ok I'm clearly mixed up. Is there a UK side inspecton then ?

Advertisement