Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

parking fine

• 20-05-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Just got a notice in the post today for parking on double yellows. I didn't get a ticket on the windscreen at the time,so a little confused about that. Can a Guard or parky just walk or drive by,take down the reg and issue a fine without giving a ticket? Seems a bit stealthy to me,and open to abuse. There's a fair chance I was parked on double yellows,do it all the time to pick up work,so I don't dispute the offence, just the manner in which it was issued, chances are I was still in the car while parked.
    Also,no mention of penalty points on the notice,the NRA site doesn't mention double yellows as being one of the offences for points,although I realise it could be grouped in under another heading. Can anyone clarify if it is or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭iphone4g

The guards have been known to go through CCTV to get their numbers up,that's from the horses mouth !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

There should be date, time and location of offence.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

yes its possible, on Parnell Street recently thay have stopped issuing tickets, they just pull up, take the time and your reg and issue the ticket by post later.

a couple of people got caught outside my brothers shop :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's not likely they make numbers up.
    What matters it if they left the car to give you a ticket or not?
    You knew when parking you were in the wrong place and might get a fine.
    Although a photograph would be handy.

Hey, maybe they should just go through the Obnoxious Parking thread?

Advertisement