Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scott CR1

• 20-05-2010 9:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has any body any experience of the Scott CR 1? Any impressions? Is it a good bike etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mc2000

the scotts usually get good reviews, take a look at http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/cr1-pro-12129

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Saw it got a good review alright so hence I have told my mate to get it but was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience. Know Lumen has the Addict and Scott Reynolds had/has a Scott and as far as I know both are very happy. just wondering was the CR 1 not good for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

The pre 2009 CR1 was and is a classic. So good that they changed just about nothing on it for 5 years and that`s saying something in a rapidly changing market. The new (ie.2010 CR1) is less than 100g heavier than the pure race breed R1 which is one of the lightest frames on the market anyway (790g). From a useage point of view the CR1 range is aimed more at the sportive side of the market. I`ve seen one the CR1 pro and to be honest it`s every bit a race machine you could want.
    Where you buy is big issue - from experience you`ll find it very hard to beat the customer care of SLANE CYCLES.
    Hope thats some help.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have the CR1 Pro 2009 version, purchased from Evans. I went for it because of its more relaxed geometry. I am not sure whether the frame is slightly too small (I went for the 56cm), but I feel more comfortable on my Cayo (58cm).

Having said that, there is nothing specific I would criticise about the Scott. I've adjusted the set-up a bit, based on the knowledge gained on the Cayo, although I have not had a chance to give it much of a run-out recently. It's been sat on the turbo most of the winter and will probably only make appearances on some of the hillier sportives (it has a triple)

Advertisement