Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lifting the weights

Options
  • 20-05-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

coming back after 5 months of no training due to messed up hernia operation,
    4th week back monday

Squat (briefs, no belt) 3sets 3 reps 250kgs, 1set 3 reps 260kgs
    dlift briefs no belt 2 sets 3 reps 230kgs
    dlift from rack 1set 3reps 250kgs
    Curl, hammer curl , weighted kneeling crunches

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Frank McGivney

wed 20.05.10 farmers walk dlift 1 rep 270, 1 rep 290
    bent over row 3sets 5 reps 105kg
    close grip pulldown 2sets8 reps 110kg
    rolling thunder 52kg
    wrist roller 14kg
    incline situps 25kg plate 15reps plus 5 with no weight
    tricep pressdown 5reps 90kgs
    machine curl 5reps 44kgs

raw bench 4sets 5 reps 130kgs, 1 set 3 reps 135
    shirted bench to 3 board 4 paused reps 190kgs
    nose breakers 3 set around 70kgs
    legraises and crunches

Triceps still havent adapted back to reaining fully but def felt beter by set 5 where i held back with the 3 reps as per plan saying that set 3 and were hard in a fatigukind of a way rather than a strength way

sat 23.05.010
    machine shoulders 5reps 150 kg 4 reps 160 (last rep was 20second really focused hard rep (the ones that make the diff) (just shows u how weight means nothing on machines when u can do 160 on a shoulder machine prob the equivalent of 90 kgs on free weights)
    side raise 8 reps bit of weight bent over lat raises 8 reps bit of weight
    pinch grip (2 hand ) 30kgs (2 15s) for about a min

i getting a nose bleed thinking about squating and dlifting later on ( well not really)

mon no belt training
    squat brfs and knee slv: 2sets3reps 260, 3 reps 270kg (good hard set)
    dlifts as above. 3rps235, 3 reps 240kg (kept grip tight to legs and made huge diff) very easy reps
    dbell curl 2sets 8 reps light dbell
    hammer curl 8 reps same dbell
    knelling weighted crunches 20 reps

everyone did really well training with alot of pbs and some serious heavy lifting by senior lifters.

• Advertisement

farmers walk dlift (belt) 1 rep 300kg (easier than last week) still bit weary about using belt cos it right where hernisa op was but felt ok
    wide grip pullown 2set8 reps 115
    machine front pull 8 reps 100kg
    incline situp (up one 25plate) 15reps 25kgs plus 5 free
    rolling thunder 53.25kg 2 sets
    wrist roller 14kg i think . this pb and easier than last week didntneed break half through just dug in and did it in one go
    pushdown reps 95kg (think time to go back to light weight and strict reps next week using too much body motion to get these meant to be isolation one)
    machine preacher curls 4 reps 50 kg really good focus 4th rep was brutal but still manged good half rep for 5th but failed to get it up fully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Is the farmers walk deaadlift done with 2 seperate handles, or one of the farmers walk frames?

hiya they just normal farmer walks that i can add weight to, so all i do is load bit of weight on and dlift them. its great for grip cos the bars on it are smooth and cos u pulling them up by you sides it feels completly diff to normal dlifts. If i wasnt so lazy i prob should actually walk with them lol

fri
    raw bench 4 sets 5 reps 135, 1 set 5reps140 last reps paused
    2 ply katana 2 board 3 reps 220kg
    nose breakers 6reps 30 each side reps 32.5each side
    pushdown 8 reps
    leg crunches and leg raises

tricap endurance ef coming back, just have to controlmyself and keep with plan and not jump high to quick on theraw benching. shirted i just going to give it holly with for 3 reps

machine shoulders 4reps 160kg , 1 rep 170
    side raise and bent over raises 1 set each
    pinch grip 1 set 2 x10kgs
    kicbacks 8 reps 10kg
    machine shoulder press 2 reps 170 (annoyed i'd only got one rep so went back in like an animal and did 2 reps)

• Advertisement

mon week one of next 4 week training cycle
    squat (old squat briefs and knee sleeves loose) 2sets5reps 230, 1set5reps 240 (all non stop speed reps)
    dlift 2sets 5 reps 220, 1 set 5 reps 225 (same all non stop speed reps)
    dlift off blocks 2sets 3 reps 260

making slight adjustment by not doing any assistance on this night, feel the above is enough on the body and any more is just driving into overtraining

dlift off blocks last rep grip went bit on last but its good sign that finaly i getting into dlifting properly cos i didnt notice that i had ripped the welts off my hands until i saw the bllod on the steering wheel on the way home. focus on lifts is def improving now that i working on it,
    Think i need to order new squat briefs considering pair i using are 2 years old and stretched to the last.

bent over row (raw) 2set5reps110 ,4 reps 115
    close grip pulldown 2 sets 7 reps 120 kg
    curl 8 reps 45kg 8 reps 50 kg
    rolling thunder 54 kg
    wrist roller 15kg (pb)
    incline situps 15at 25kg and5free

think second night of heavy back work isnt allowing small of back to recover in time so pulled farmers walks out of program.Wored well cos i was able to work upper back and grip harder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppg7sAcZWTk just to remind me what i aiming for and more

Advertisement