Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone to the Dogs?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Literally :D,has anyone been to the Greyhound racing track out on the Milltown road off Newbridge?
    Just looking for some feedback.
    I see they are doing the race night with 4 course meal for E32.50 which looks nice-www.newbridgegreyhoundstadium.ie/restaurant.asp.
    It always looks busy on Friday and Saturday nights.
    Is it family friendly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i went there a few weeks ago for someons birthday, the food was lovely and was served in reasonable time
    downstairs thugh ya get a few odd looks from regulars

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

guil wrote: »
    i went there a few weeks ago for someons birthday, the food was lovely and was served in reasonable time

Would you go back or recommend it and was there any families present?

And did you win ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

cant remember if there was many families there and yeah i'd go back

didnt win a cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

guil wrote: »

f*ck 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Great value, decent food and a fun night. Its family friendly once you book a table upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Been there myself. The food is very nice..worth the money. Yes upstairs is very family friendly. Some communions and confirmations often visit there for a night. Nice people and some decent odds on the hounds...trap 6 is always a good bet ;) I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

My eight-year-old loves the dog races. Good fun on a summer's night, and I believe they're now admitting children free. A tenner for adults if you're not having dinner.

There's a big race night on June 11 -- the Cox Cup -- when they'll have live music, face painting and bouncy castle for kids, etc. Might be a good night to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

My eight-year-old loves the dog races. Good fun on a summer's night, and I believe they're now admitting children free. A tenner for adults if you're not having dinner.

There's a big race night on June 11 -- the Cox Cup -- when they'll have live music, face painting and bouncy castle for kids, etc. Might be a good night to check it out.

Thanks for that,yes i seen the kids are free for 2010.

Not a bad price either for admission only.

Advertisement