Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bostin Bruins Will play in Belfast on October 2nd

• 20-05-2010 10:43am

I heard that the Bostin Bruins will be playing some German team on October the 2nd in the Oddessy in Belfast. The Giants will have an away match that night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

:eek: Brilliant!!!! Would love to go to this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rookey

That would be amazing to see!!!! Missed the Bruins last time when they were in Dundalk:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

Is it confirmed or still speculation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PMC83

Their site says its Prague guys, thats a shame....

PMC83 wrote: »
    Their site says its Prague guys, thats a shame....

That sucks :( I would have definitely made the trip up for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/34172-Boston-Bruins-to-play-exhibition-games-in-Northern-Ireland-and-Czech-Republic.html

The Hockey News claims that they will spend part of their preseason in Northern Ireland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/news/story?id=5311173

ESPN is confirming via the Associated Press

Are these boys on sale yet? No link on the Bruins site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/tv/belfast-giants-to-play-boston-bruins-14868331.html

They are playing an all star selection from the UK league.

Go Killer B's!

• Advertisement

I've got my tickets, I'll be having a few pints with Chara after:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

is this the real team that play the red wings etc

Seemingly its pretty much the full squad...

that would be great too see a real nhl team. would like too go but its a 3 and half hour drive up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

cena wrote: »
    that would be great too see a real nhl team. would like too go but its a 3 and half hour drive up

and pretty damn expensive as well

Dermo wrote: »
    and pretty damn expensive as well

as in the ticket or the cost of driving . it is pretty dear alright for the ticket

The tickets are as cheap as 40 euro? I did't think this was too bad....I saw the Bruins in Boston a year back, I think the cheapest was 80 dollars...

The price of the regular season NHL games in Europe last season was at least €125 per ticket.

Hmmm, thats pricey allright, I bought one of the more pricey seats for 70 lids of ticket master, I reckon its gonna be worth it:P

Problem with this is , its not even going to be the Giants first team as they have another game that weekend .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Its not the Giants game though, its a league selection i thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Who else is going to this? I've got a 3rd row seat, can't wait! Going to spend the weekend in Belfast and hopefully bump into the Bruins around town!

Is it sold out.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Who else is going to this? I've got a 3rd row seat, can't wait! Going to spend the weekend in Belfast and hopefully bump into the Bruins around town!

I'm going. Got 4th row tickets I think. Can't wait for it!
    FunnyStuff wrote: »
    Its not the Giants game though, its a league selection i thought.

It is the Giants with a some players from other teams. I heard they needed forwards because a lot of Giants' forwards are injured. Not sure how true it is though. If you look on the Bruins website it says Vs Giants Select, or something to that effect.

Is it going too be shown on tv

Is it sold out.

Think tickets are still available.
    Is it going too be shown on tv

Haven't seen anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

damn how'd I miss this????

how'd it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Fantastic game, Bruins won 5-1 but the Giants select gave it a good go and can be proud of the way they played. Especially the goalie Murphy, he had a blinder and only for him it could have been a huge number. They played hard and didnt hold back, but the Bruins fitness and pace told through in the end. Was great to see those guys skate, their turn of speed on the ice is something else. Eye catchers on the night for the Bruins were Sequin ( his break to up the ice to get the penalty was unreal, the retreating D-man was turned inside out and fell over ) and i thought Chara played well, his awareness of what is around him is great.

FunnyStuff wrote: »
    Fantastic game, Bruins won 5-1 but the Giants select gave it a good go and can be proud of the way they played. Especially the goalie Murphy, he had a blinder and only for him it could have been a huge number. They played hard and didnt hold back, but the Bruins fitness and pace told through in the end. Was great to see those guys skate, their turn of speed on the ice is something else. Eye catchers on the night for the Bruins were Sequin ( his break to up the ice to get the penalty was unreal, the retreating D-man was turned inside out and fell over ) and i thought Chara played well, his awareness of what is around him is great.

Spot on, thought Seguin looked great and deserved his two goals. His penalty shot was pretty neat too, he looked to be oozing with confidence. Great to see Mark Recchi up close too, the man is a legend. The atmosphere around Belfast for the few days was great too. Hopefully not the last time it'll happen.

Few photo's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrjoesoap/sets/72157625089170104/

• Advertisement
Advertisement