Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could you be the first "King of Pana"?

• 20-05-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

In conjunction with the Cork City Marathon, we're having a friendship run on Sunday 6th June at 10:30 am and we're calling it the "King of Pana". We'll start on St Patrick's street, go across the bridge and up St Patricks Hill (yes the one where Lance Armstrong got off and walked!) and finish at the top of the hill. The distance is just shy of a mile but it has a cracking hill to make it a little tough!

The basic details are
    1. open to anyone participating in the marathon and especially to all the volunteers who are working the marathon. If we have space we'll accept other as well.
    2. entry is FREE - yep a free race (hopefully this will keep Donothoponpop off my back for a while!)
    3. entries will be taken in Mahers sports on Maylor street from 9:00 - 10:00 on the morning of the race) and are strictly limited to 250 entrants in this first year. Entries on a first come first served basis.
    4. We'll be providing some refreshments afterwards (probably in the Camp field at the top of the hill) and would encourage people to being along old race teeshirts that don't fit to swap while they enjoy the refreshments and hopefully some craic. The whole idea of this event is to meet a few people and enjoy a very gentle pre race run. Leave you competitive side for the real race on the monday!
    5. There are no prizes for this race (darn, lick up to Do'pop, but alienate Condo121) although I might sponsor something small myself for the King and Queen who make it up the hill first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Great concept, well done HM! That hill's a whole lotta fun :) - I've a cousin living right at the top. Personally I'm not sure that'll be my race preparation (had something a little gentler in mind) but I'll be there to see the fun anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Roy, Thanks. If you're coming along, is there any chance I could get you into a yellow bib taking entries in Mahers to help? /shameless-abuse-of-boardsies-good-nature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Roy, Thanks. If you're coming along, is there any chance I could get you into a yellow bib taking entries in Mahers to help? /shameless-abuse-of-boardsies-good-nature

Of course, delighted to assist *goes to check where Maylor Street is * :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

I have promised to be at the rear and *help* people up the hill.

<off to find size 10 boots> :D

How many boardies are doing the marathon and relay? While some of the marathon runners will avoid a hill run the relay teams shouldn't be too fussed with a mile jog.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm still deciding whether to go down on Saturday or Sunday if I go on sat I'll probably go for the big hill run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Can we make this a mandatory trial for the Boards AC Relay Team?? :D:D:D
    Note: Blatant attempt to nobble the opposition

Condo131 wrote: »
    Can we make this a mandatory trial for the Boards AC Relay Team?? :D:D:D
    Note: Blatant attempt to nobble the opposition

Not a bad plan. I might suggest it to my opposition too. :D
    (your way too smart)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Could I put out a final call for the last couple of volunteers needed to make this event happen (with thanks to Roy, ZL etc who have already volunteered). If you can give us 30 minutes of your time on Sunday morning we would really appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Couple of Pics from this morning...4675161359_c248f9d84f_b.jpg4675782210_a740629855_b.jpg

4675781886_b85e6d5a5a_b.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement