Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I need to sit theory test again? Other bike questions...

• 20-05-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

I have a full car license that I got in 2002. I had to do the theory test before I could get my provisional. I want to get a provisional bike license. Do I need to sit the test again?

Missus and me thinking of getting a small bike 125cc as a run around for short commuting. Any recommendations on somethign around 2k mark?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Xcellor wrote: »
    I have a full car license that I got in 2002. I had to do the theory test before I could get my provisional. I want to get a provisional bike license. Do I need to sit the test again?

Yes.
    Xcellor wrote: »
    Missus and me thinking of getting a small bike 125cc as a run around for short commuting. Any recommendations on somethign around 2k mark?

What type of bike? Cruiser / sports / street?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

You should get a 200cc at the smallest if you and the mot are gonna use it, cos you will wind up with her on the back at some stage. and a 125 just hasnt the juice for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Not sure what would suit a beginner?

I'm going for something around 125 since we are both learning and for insurance reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

I did the same, and learned my lesson. with most insurance companies have 125-200 under 1 bracket. I had a 125 and it was burned out so i got a 200 instead and i was able to put it onto the same policy with no charge cos it was just the 200 version of the same bike.

Also you cant get a full licence on a bike smaller than 150cc. So you would be only able to get an a1 licence and be restricted to 125. Which might not bother you now but means if a few years down the line you want something bigger you'll have to do your test again

Advertisement