Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronan Keating splits up with wife Yvonne

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Just goes to prove "Life is a rollercoaster"!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

walshb wrote: »
    I see Ronan and the boys were on Loose Women yesteday, again milking the Gately death.

I mean, if your marriage was in pieces surely you could give it a rest for a bit?

Stop trolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

rovert wrote: »
    Stop trolling

Help, stalker!:eek:

Help, stalker!:eek:

Nah just backing up the point I made about you.

Go on repeat this milking business thing again.

rovert wrote: »
    Nah just backing up the point I made about you.

Go on repeat this milking business thing again.

Help, stalker!

Better being a stalker than a milker AM I RITE

Seriously dude get some new material or at least mix it up a bit. Your jab, jab, jab is a bit predictable oh Boxing mod.

Please stop....:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

hutchyt wrote: »
    Just heard on the radio by a journalist there is more to this, and all will be revealed in the next 24 hours, looking like a big kiss and tell story coming.

Or an autobiography.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

bubbaloo wrote: »
    From what I've always heard - if Ali was ever going to leave Bono she'd be long gone by now - if you get my meaning ! ;)

NOOOOO! Don't tell me he cheats on her :(

• Advertisement

Please stop....:o

Likewise Ive been asking that since post#53

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

femur61 wrote: »
    No opinion on his music but I do think he is a very handsome guy.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: I can't agree with you there.
    don't know about a scandal brewing i'd say they will pay him or her off to keep quiet, for the sake of the kids:rolleyes:

casio4 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: I can't agree with you there.
    don't know about a scandal brewing i'd say they will pay him or her off to keep quiet, for the sake of the kids:rolleyes:

Wasn't she involved with Eddie Irvine just before she met Ronan. And the night she met Ronan she was with Amanda Byram (think that's how you spell her name) and Amanda had made it clear that she fancied Ronan, and Yvonne swept in and took Ronan from right under Amanda's nose....

deelite wrote: »
    Wasn't she involved with Eddie Irvine

That says it all; classy bird!

deelite wrote: »
    Wasn't she involved with Eddie Irvine just before she met Ronan. And the night she met Ronan she was with Amanda Byram (think that's how you spell her name) and Amanda had made it clear that she fancied Ronan, and Yvonne swept in and took Ronan from right under Amanda's nose....

and wort chin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

once was rumour bout her and ronan and bryan kennedy.
    anyone know rumour?

• Advertisement

HelloMagazine290508005.jpg
    hello, I would say the reunion will happen when he splits with Boyzone and goes solo again, then it won't look so bad

Yes I know the rumour - <snip>- "How Rumours Hurt Us" however, he was sandwiched between Brian and Christy Burke (sorry De Burgh). Considering De Burgh did have an affair - I don't know how that was classed as a rumour. Keating was asked about the rumour in a Hot Press Interview - and he denied everything but he did posess a baseball bat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

...airhead z-listers get married...
    ...shít singer...
    Ah begrudgery in ireland...

Regardless of whether you like or dislike his singing, the guy has released five solo albums, four of which went straight to number one in the UK, In October 2007, he was listed in the Guinness Book of Records for being the only artist ever to have 30 consecutive top 10 singles in the UK chart, an Ivor Novello and BMI songwriting award, and sales in excess of 22 million albums worldwide.

I'm not a fan, but I'm not gonna take away from what he's achieved in his career...for once try and cut out the typical Irish attitude bollox. By all means chat about the break up reasons etc, but coming out with crap like "Pity he's not dead" and "Short arse singer that can't even sing" is just retarded tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

Hee He

Shoorrryyyyyyy is all that i can shayyy.

Some media guy on Xpose said there's rumours he was playing away ...

Bet he'll blame it on 'his grief' over Steo :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I agree with Einstein...so much hate. Especially for the wife..what has she ever done? I'm not a fan of either of them but I wouldn't have thought this was a pr marriage...I mean those marriages are usually short lived and lack children right? Isn't there a chance this could have been a hard decision for both of them to come to rather than a publicity stunt?
    I do have to criticise the band on Loose Women though. Just caught the end of them but Oh my God mime city. As much as everyone hates Ronan, he really is carrying that band. Keith & Shane are just along for a free ride.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Emelio wrote: »
    once was rumour bout her and ronan and bryan kennedy.
    anyone know rumour?

Lets leave the dusty old rumours where they are please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

ok, it is best
    but perhaps there is smoke in his fire is all i say to conclude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Einstein wrote: »
    Ah begrudgery in ireland...

Regardless of whether you like or dislike his singing, the guy has released five solo albums, four of which went straight to number one in the UK, In October 2007, he was listed in the Guinness Book of Records for being the only artist ever to have 30 consecutive top 10 singles in the UK chart, an Ivor Novello and BMI songwriting award, and sales in excess of 22 million albums worldwide.

I'm not a fan, but I'm not gonna take away from what he's achieved in his career...for once try and cut out the typical Irish attitude bollox. By all means chat about the break up reasons etc, but coming out with crap like "Pity he's not dead" and "Short arse singer that can't even sing" is just retarded tbh...

Yeah, he can thank a generation of 13 old girls for that, because they really know their stuff about lyrics, music, songwriting etc etc. Credible.

purpur1 wrote: »
    Yeah, he can thank a generation of 13 old girls for that, because they really know their stuff about lyrics, music, songwriting etc etc. Credible.

Poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Could you get a generation of 13 year old girls to buy your album?

I'm not talking about him having a credible audience. Point is he did it.
    And there's scores of somewhat established artists out there that would killto have the success that he has...Take That also have an army of teenage girls as fans...But they're not Irish so you've probably got no problem with them...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I doubt he gives a shyte what you think. He's made a lot of money from his fans. His music isn't your taste? Change the radio/TV station. Unless you are part of a successful band or musician from whatever genre of music you should leave your music snobbery where it should stay - in your head.

He set up a charity and has raised a hell of a lot of money for it that has helped out a lot of people. What have you done that makes you just in feeling superior to him?

I'm not a fan of his he's just there and he doesn't bother me. Music snobs need to get over themselves and not take music so seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

On Ireland AM this morning they said that it's alleged Ronan has cheated with one of the dancers from the tour.

I feel sorry for his wife. You'd age quickly too if you were married to him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 timelessone

First Gerry Ryan dies.

Now Ronan and Yvonne break up.

How much more can this country take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭furiousox

First Gerry Ryan dies.

Now Ronan and Yvonne break up.

How much more can this country take?

I agree, I'm so devastated I couldn't go to work today and have stayed in bed to try and deal with my loss.
    I'm typing this with tears rolling down my face.
    Even though I never met either of them or listened to his music or bought Hello or VIP or watched Xpose, Ronan was like a brother to me and Yvonne was like a sister to me.
    At least his music will live on for ever....
    Maybe Mary McAleese could intervene or the government could set up a task force before its too late?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

furiousox wrote: »
    Maybe Mary McAleese could intervene or the government could set up a task force before its too late?
    Close. Mary Coughlan is awaiting the publication of a report...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0521/keatingr.html

Following the shock announcement yesterday about the marriage split of Ronan and Yvonne Keating, there are media reports today that it was the Boyzone star's close friendship with a backing dancer which led to the break-up.
    The Daily Mail reports that Keating became close to the dancer during Boyzone's comeback tour last May and June.
    The pair, who have three children, announced their decision to split yesterday after 12 years on marriage on the singer's website. In the statement they described the split as "amicable".
    There was a large media presence at the couple's home in Dublin yesterday with security saying "They are making no further comment. They have asked for privacy."
    Friends have expressed surprise at the news with Boyzone manager Louis Walsh saying "I'm absolutely stunned. If you asked me one couple I thought would never break up, it would be Ronan and Yvonne. They've been together since they were kids."
    Keating has recently announced that he is going to be a judge on the Australian version of 'The X Factor'.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Have to say I am rarely surprised when people in that business split. Sorry to hear it, but don't really have any interest in the private lives of others, especially those whom we know so little about, apart from what we read in trashy media reports. They present themselves as they wish to be perceived, not as they really are. Who really knows a public figure, apart from those who live with them on a daily basis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,247 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yvonne is way hotter than Francine Cornell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

BK must be back on the scene!

Ozzie wrote: »
    BK must be back on the scene!

BK's dating a rugby player.

who's BK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

BK's dating a rugby player.

And Keating is married to Yvonne!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i bet there is a 3rd party involved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

Hrududu wrote: »
    Who knew that Crystal Swing had Yvonne Keating in it?

what a sharp observation, fu*king classic!!! she looks like the milf from the band alright!!! MmmmiiiiiiiilllllFFFFF!

thermo66 wrote: »
    who's BK?

I don't think we're allowed to say his name so "Put the message in the box, Put the box into the car, Drive the car around the worlllllllld.".
    flanzer wrote: »
    And Keating is married to Yvonne!

Don't you wreck my little snippets of gossip! :p
    i bet there is a 3rd party involved

Everyone (media) is saying it's a dancer from his last tour.

I don't think we're allowed to say his name so "Put the message in the box, Put the box into the car, Drive the car around the worlllllllld.".
    his name is mentioned on page 3 and 5 of this thread:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

Just saw this on todays Irish Times... when did the times turn tabloid....

his name is mentioned on page 3 and 5 of this thread:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Yeah but I wanted an excuse to sing that song.

:rolleyes: Yeah but I wanted an excuse to sing that song.
    I'm sure you have a lovely singing voice:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Shoorrryyyyyyy is all that i can shayyy.

thats a great post

I'm sure you have a lovely singing voice:D

It's as good as Ronans. :)

Having read today's coverage of the split I find myself really supporting Yvonne. She didn't wait for his "we can work on this" etc., she got rid straight away. When Beckham had his alledged affair - his wife came out looking stupid and needy. If the Keatings get back together she is coming out of it looking like "Dont mess with me". She's coming across as a very strong woman (even though she might be dying inside) - she's a good role model in my view -fair play to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ophelia7

She looks old enough to be his mother

Just saw this on todays Irish Times... when did the times turn tabloid....

This is dumb in so many ways, clearly you dont read it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement