Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronan Keating splits up with wife Yvonne

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

lucozader wrote: »
    littleronanFOCUS_468x646.jpg

Is that the mother from Crystal Swing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

sesna wrote: »
    Is that the mother from Crystal Swing ?

Been done already a few times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Been done already a few times.

Quick search shows you are correct. If thats the general consensus from several different people, it must be true.

I have even more sympathy for Ronan now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Clare Bear wrote: »
    So he cheats on her and all most people can say is no wonder he did because she looks like his Granny? :confused: Nice. Sure of course she deserved to be cheated on so :rolleyes:
    she didn't deserve to be cheated on, no one is saying that, it's to do with the lifestyle being away from home staying in hotels with beautiful women. Well he can't use the excuse of sex addiction cause Tiger woods used that one and it didn't win him any sympathy, look how beautiful tigers wife is and that didn't stop him straying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 vanman

when boyszone started out,Gay Byrne said to them,can't sing,can't dance,you'll go far,should have added can't stay married,Keating always seemed to me to have his head so far up his own a..no one else mattered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

its one thing having a one night stand when he is drunk but this went on for 8 months. He never had any intention of telling her. she found a secret phone he had and read the text messages. hope she doesnt take back d scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

This post contains no sweeping generalizations whatsoever.

Thankyou:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭furiousox

"WOMEN.......know your place!!" :pac:

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

casio4 wrote: »
    142797-ronan-et-yvonne-keating-a-la-soiree-637x0-1.jpg
    she's better blonde she looks even older here

Okay, there she looks like Linda Martins younger sister. But seriously I think in person she'd probably be attractive. He really has no excuse for cheating and continuing to cheat for a number of months apparently. If he was not in love with her anymore he should have ended it first and then move on.
    furiousox wrote: »
    "WOMEN.......know your place!!" :pac:

I'm where I should be - in the kitchen. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

She is a Ginger :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

If i were the cynical type i might suggest she knew months ago, but decided to turf him out when it became more generally known.

Still, i'm sure the Ryan family are glad to be off the hook for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

The photo on the front page of the Sun is hilarious this morning, return of the rat :D

Looks like she might him back though. Arse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Okay, there she looks like Linda Martins younger sister. But seriously I think in person she'd probably be attractive. He really has no excuse for cheating and continuing to cheat for a number of months apparently. If he was not in love with her anymore he should have ended it first and then move on.

I'm where I should be - in the kitchen. ;)

I wonder is he standing on a stool or is she sitting down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Looks like it's official, this "news" is the new Gerry Ryan story, look for it to dominate for at least the next 3 weeks and plenty of juicy quotes from "pals". God this country has been dumbed down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ro should get a lot of mileage out of this one, rovert, you hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

He's going to get so much mileage out of this. Have you actually noticed, he's totally built his solo career on moaning about bad things that have happened to him? First it was his mam, then Louis Walsh trying to ruin him, then Steo this Steo that and now it'll be this. I know thats harsh but he actually will do anything to sell records or just get on tv. He is a sly little git that plays on housewives empathy!!! Apparently Yvonne's taking him back now and giving him 3 weeks to save their marriage. This is probably nothing more than a bloody PR exercise, i wouldnt put it past Keating. I feal dreadfully sorry for the kids in all of this, if they get a hard time at school or whatever over this it'll be his fault for dragging them all into this showbiz world when he could have kept his private life private and not go mouthing off all of the time about them. If she takes him back then they really need to grow the F*CK up and stop all this bollox because it's disgracefully immature. I for one hope she stands her ground because she seems to be the only one who could put him straight, but it's highly unlikely because Keith Duffy's wife said they'll get back together and she knows them well.

He's too much in love with himself and the adulation that people give him to give a damn about anyone else. Hopefully Yvonne stands her ground she's getting a lot of support.

A couple of questions:

1) Is anyone outside of Ireland talking about this?

2) Has this raised her profile, and is she going to be randomly appearing on This Morning/Loose Women/some other program as a result?

To some extent this post is a re-iteration of the last one, but i'm not that convinced she 'suddenly' found out, and i'm wondering what she personally stands to gain from this.

God this country has been dumbed down
    Isn't it good to know the REAL news is being covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

i recon he is jealous of his wifes success with her group crystal swing

lucozader wrote: »
    i recon he is jealous of his wifes success with her group crystal swing

This is getting old.......

Still kinda funny though.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

O man, this is all so over rated, he sagged the hired help and got caught. The only part that is vaguely interesting is if they can learn from there mistakes and sort it all out amicably.

I have been in both Ronan and his wife's company once or twice and they are both very sound and not stuck up at all. They are as normal as everybody else, so sure there is a mess now, who knows and who cares what the real reasons are.....:rolleyes:

I just have to feel sorry for the whole family, specially the kids and his wife for his antics. Also Francine Cornell, should have known what she was doing getting into bed with a married man, little cow. Well, on the other hand she is also just human and have her own needs, cash and fame.

I really hope they get it all sorted and he does not have to go for sex addiction classes like old Tiger. Who knows, we might have a few more woman coming out of the woodwork tomorrow. Sure he must have been tempted a few times in the circles he moves.....:D:D

The only funny thing of this whole story is that the news papers refer to him as "Pint size Ronan"....how can he help his wife is so tall???

• Advertisement

the news today is she's taking him back on her terms, something tells me he'd be better off single.Anyway how is she going to keep an eye on him when he's in Australia? Maybe her and the kids will go with him, whatever happens, any freedom he may have had is long gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If she takes him back I reckon she separated only to raise her profile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Didn't he make himself out to be a good Catholic God-fearing prude, with a wholesome image, instead of the dick-for-brains that he is in reality?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

See post number 168.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Have to say I am really shocked about this. :eek: I mean, Ronan and Yvonne were suppoed to be Ireland's answer to Brangelina, their marriage was supposedly rock-solid and Ronan was known as the 'golden boy'. Nobody would ever think he would cheat. He always seemed so smitten with Yvonne in the spotlight, so he's the last person you would expect to be a love rat. But, God, the affair with the busty blonde dancer???! Wow, seriously, shocking, but 2010 really does seem to be THE YEAR OF THE LOVE RAT. Have to say he is a compete WANKER for cheating on his wife of 12 years, with, what, was probably, a blonde he would only have a short-term relationship with(Seriously, even if the papers did say, he was going to move in with the dancer, twud never work, the relationship being scrutunized and in the glare of media every single day?? It would crack). I really do hope Yvonne doesn't take him back, even though she probably will do... But even if she does, the TRUST is completely shattered between the pair... really sad, but true. Again, never thought Ronan would be the one to betray his spose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

I think that's a little harsh. She has been cheated on by her childhood sweetheart. If your in a high profile relationship like the one she's in of course her profile would be raised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Have to say I am really shocked about this. :eek: I mean, Ronan and Yvonne were suppoed to be Ireland's answer to Brangelina, their marriage was supposedly rock-solid and Ronan was known as the 'golden boy'. Nobody would ever think he would cheat. He always seemed so smitten with Yvonne in the spotlight, so he's the last person you would expect to be a love rat. But, God, the affair with the busty blonde dancer???! Wow, seriously, shocking, but 2010 really does seem to be THE YEAR OF THE LOVE RAT. Have to say he is a compete WANKER for cheating on his wife of 12 years, with, what, was probably, a blonde he would only have a short-term relationship with(Seriously, even if the papers did say, he was going to move in with the dancer, twud never work, the relationship being scrutunized and in the glare of media every single day?? It would crack). I really do hope Yvonne doesn't take him back, even though she probably will do... But even if she does, the TRUST is completely shattered between the pair... really sad, but true. Again, never thought Ronan would be the one to betray his spose.

He was the last person, I ever expected to be in this sort of position. It's been an absolutely crazy year with male affairs. I think its now the turn of the women :D

A couple of questions:

1) Is anyone outside of Ireland talking about this?

2) Has this raised her profile, and is she going to be randomly appearing on This Morning/Loose Women/some other program as a result?

this will raise her profile big time in the uk as i'm sure they don't know who she is, she could go on celebrity BB or i'm a celebrity get me outta here and she wouldn't just be the wife of ronan,, she would be the cheated wife and everyone will have loads of sympathy for her

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Have to say I am really shocked about this. :eek: I mean, Ronan and Yvonne were suppoed to be Ireland's answer to Brangelina, their marriage was supposedly rock-solid and Ronan was known as the 'golden boy'. Nobody would ever think he would cheat. He always seemed so smitten with Yvonne in the spotlight.

1) This is Ireland. How many actual celebrities do we have?
    2) According to the papers Brad and Angelina marry and divorce several times a month.

• Advertisement

Gibson101 wrote: »
    I think that's a little harsh. She has been cheated on by her childhood sweetheart. If your in a high profile relationship like the one she's in of course her profile would be raised.

This is to raise HIS profile! Everything he ever does is displayed blatantly in public for that reason. He already has it planned how to win the sympathy of the housewives back, probably by telling the world how hard he's working at the marriage and visiting the priest all the time at just about every public event in Ireland/UK. We wont have to wait long for this, his priority has always been himself and getting on telly/papers so it shouldnt take long for him to open his mouth and complain, once again. This time i hope people don't listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Michael B wrote: »
    Then leave her. Don't cheat on her and humilify her in front of the world.
    Absolutely, but hey come on, how many men do you honest think who are even capable of being man enough to come clean, finish with dignity and respect for the person who has spent so many years supporting them? Very few, and most will only admit at all because they are caught. Why some people make nonsensical comments about these people amazes me, because as members of the public, we know absolutely zilch about their real characters, their values, their respectability. These have nothing to do with selling millions of records or presenting a smiley goody two shoes face to the naive public. Anyway guys why should we be so concerned about them to assume anything either good or bad? There's so much else of more importance going on around us besides what the trivia that surrounds these types. I guess never assume anything is probably the best motto. Wish no harm and do no harm and let them get on with it. The only people who really concerns me in any story like this is the innocent children who often end up so confused and then farmed off to one or the other every second weekend or whatever. Those are the ones who I worry about and no money, prestige, mansions, or smart cars can undo the damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I reckon Cheating Keating is not the only one for whom stuff like this is yet to come out of the woodwork.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the other Boyzone members and also Westlife members for that matter have been up to the same thing.

Bunch of smug gits up their own backsides the lot of them. I'd say the tabloids are trawling for more such stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Know what guys? I think this topic is time wasting and we all need to get a life and discuss something really worthwhile. As for the comments, only hope they are meant in jest, as some of them are quite disturbing. To those who made them I can only deduct that you must be perfect specimens of humanity as well as being experts on relationships and what a good relationship is based on. Seems like you got all the answers there and the odd really lovely compliment about these two individuals whom none of us know anything about except that one was a model, one is in a boy band and 'sings' for a living. If fidelity is so very difficult for so called celebrities then why get married at all and just continue to live a hedonistic lifestyle. Then at least children would not suffer the consequences of their father/mothers weaknesses lack of values etc. If anyone out there either male or female are daft enough to think they will look young forever, be as desirable as they were in the first flush of youth etc, then they are sadly living in never never land and need a reality check. Ever wondered how the not so pretty/hansome/beautiful people among us manage to have successful and happy lives? Perhaps it comes from looking a little beyond the face, the shape, the height, the dress sense and the status of the partner we have. Believe me guys, it is to be found in the simplest of things, things that don't fade away with years. Well, that is what all the long married happy people I meet tell me anyway. Ha, but hey, don't mind them eh.

To be fair to Yvonne she has never really been in the public eye other than when she needed to be e.g. Marie Keating Foundation event/Boyzone LLS appearence. If I was Yvonne I'd be a bit pissed that Keith Duffys wife spoke to the press.

I usually buy the Star most mornings but couldn't stomach another front page with this crap.

Either way, the gold digger will get looked after

• Advertisement

To be fair to Yvonne she has never really been in the public eye other than when she needed to be e.g. Marie Keating Foundation event/Boyzone LLS appearence. If I was Yvonne I'd be a bit pissed that Keith Duffys wife spoke to the press.
    i'd say she gave her permission to talk to the press, she's her best friend so she's probably using her to get some of her story across to the media, I mean if Yvonne just took him back we would all think she's a walkover but because her best friend Lisa (Keiths wife) told us she thinks they will get back together well thats alright then she must know, she's friends with both of them. It's too early for Yvonne to talk to the press, that's if she ever does talk to them, so for her to say nothing we all make assumptions and think she's weak thats why she is getting Keiths wife to give the odd snippet of information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Here's my take on it:

She found out about his affair and decided to work on the marriage.

The newspaper got the story and they knew it was a matter of time.

She said she wants to have some digity and the only way she'll take him back is if he publicly begs her back.

It's all staged.

She's making appearances without her ring all dolled up at various stages. He's arriving for 'crisis talks' and getting put out on the street again.

Eventually, she relents.

It's the only way she can maintain her dignity in front of the media, take him back and continue on with the relationship as the 'strong one' that ronan eventually wore down as he loved her so much. It's horrible as these people seem to love to live their lives through the newspapers,

Honestly, if it was genuine, surely they would be hiding from the media, rather than staging scenes and giving hidden messages out and talking to reporters through third parties.

If the above is anyway true, I feel sorry for them. They are starved for attention and are obviously lacking in something and the poor kids are living this soap opera with them.

RubyBlu wrote: »
    ...She said she wants to have some digity and the only way she'll take him back is if he publicly begs her back.
    ...It's all staged.

She's making appearances without her ring all dolled up at various stages. He's arriving for 'crisis talks' and getting put out on the street again.

Eventually, she relents.

It's the only way she can maintain her dignity in front of the media, take him back and continue on with the relationship as the 'strong one' that ronan eventually wore down as he loved her so much. It's horrible as these people seem to love to live their lives through the newspapers,

Honestly, if it was genuine, surely they would be hiding from the media, rather than staging scenes and giving hidden messages out and talking to reporters through third parties.

If the above is anyway true, I feel sorry for them. They are starved for attention and are obviously lacking in something and the poor kids are living this soap opera with them.

I think you've definitely hit the nail on the head there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

She should watch Sandra Bullock and learn. That's how to be dignified. They are so what I dont miss about the Celtic Tiger and new money. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

skeletor.jpg

i think yvonne is a bit too skeletor esque in her facial features, she could be skeletors granny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

walshb wrote: »
    I usually buy the Star most mornings but couldn't stomach another front page with this crap.

I know, I'm just so over it, 10 minutes after hearing it I was over it ..I don't care if they get back together or not!

casio4 wrote: »
    i'd say she gave her permission to talk to the press, she's her best friend so she's probably using her to get some of her story across to the media, I mean if Yvonne just took him back we would all think she's a walkover but because her best friend Lisa (Keiths wife) told us she thinks they will get back together well thats alright then she must know, she's friends with both of them. It's too early for Yvonne to talk to the press, that's if she ever does talk to them, so for her to say nothing we all make assumptions and think she's weak thats why she is getting Keiths wife to give the odd snippet of information

True.
    RubyBlu wrote: »

It's all staged.

Eventually, she relents.

If this was true it's a very risky game to play with the media in this way. Depending on how the papers decide to report the story they could potentially wreck his career. Look at the damage the papers did to Brian McFadden.

Also it's something very unneccessary to do on the kids.
    greenie wrote: »
    I know, I'm just so over it, 10 minutes after hearing it I was over it ..I don't care if they get back together or not!

I don't get why posters feel the need to comment on a thread they apparently have no interest in. Don't like the thread - stay out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Either way, the gold digger will get looked after

i'm not sure that's fair actually. She had a career as a model before they met and gave it up to be a wife/mother. They were childhood sweethearts and she stuck with him through the Boyzone split and his solo career going down the pan! I don't think she was after his money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Childhood sweethearts I don't think so, they were in the 20's when they met and married. Nicky Byrne and Georgina Aherne - they met and stayed together since they were 14 - that to me is childhood sweethearts.

If this is a publicity stunt I'd be expecting a book from her within the next few months maybed called "When the Going Got Tough I Didn't Get Going"....

bubbaloo wrote: »
    i'm not sure that's fair actually. She had a career as a model before they met and gave it up to be a wife/mother. They were childhood sweethearts and she stuck with him through the Boyzone split and his solo career going down the pan! I don't think she was after his money!

Serious? Remember, she was knocking around with Eddie Irvine...
    Career as a model? Wow. Hardly Cindy Crawford star power?

Ronan was a name, a famous name and someone who could have
    really boosted her profile.

They were not childhood sweethearts. She sought him out I would say.
    This is not like Nicky Byrne and Georgina, as has been mentioned, or Wayne Rooney and Coleen.

But, I will say that Coleen was not staying with Rooney out of love after Grannygate.
    The big bucks had a big part in her staying I would say.

Does anyone really believe that some of these women would look twice
    at some of these guys if they were your everyday fellas? Heather Mills
    to use one example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Does anyone really believe that some of these women would look twice
    at some of these guys if they were your everyday fellas? Heather Mills
    to use one example.

Not a chance. If JK worked in a chip van, there was no chance of him pulling Denise Van Outen.

Although I can't see what Paul McC saw in Heather Mills. If I'd a bag of mickeys, I wouldn't give her one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

flanzer wrote: »
    Not a chance. If JK worked in a chip van, there was no chance of him pulling Denise Van Outen.

Although I can't see what Paul McC saw in Heather Mills. If I'd a bag of mickeys, I wouldn't give her one

She's a real pro though, honing her hypnosis skills over the years, until she bagged the big mark. If she needs a top up, she'll find some other sucker.

I don't remember ever hearing that Ronan and Yvonne were childhood sweethearts.... but that may just be me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bubbaloo wrote: »

Sorry but no one knew her until she got when Ronan around the time his mam died they were not childhood sweethearts at all they were friends only before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 studioguest

I know this is kinda off the topic but i picked up one of last Sundays newpapers and there was a picture of Ronan and Yvonne on the front page but whatever way i looked at it I thought it was the mother out of Crystal Swing with Ronan..!!!!!! I have seen her since and there is a likeness between them in some pics!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement