Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R132 Roadworks

Options
  • 20-05-2010 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    just wondering does anyone no what exactly they are doing to the r132 and how much longer it will take feels like they have been digging up that road forever i am so sick of the traffic lights and also were they are working on the road outside murtaghs pub is quite dangerous this morning i was pulling out onto the r132 from country wide and their was no sign telling you which was to go, maybe their is a sign up now but their wasnt this morning,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Hi Little D

have a look on this thread, maybe you'll find some answers in there: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846620

It does seem to be going for ever and it's a right pain in the ***. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Well, it's now officially even worse this evening as it's now single file both ways from the Tesco roundabout to Blakes Cross. Absolute fecking nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

dcr22B wrote: »
    Well, it's now officially even worse this evening as it's now single file both ways from the Tesco roundabout to Blakes Cross. Absolute fecking nightmare!
    Isn't it normally single file northbound from Tesco roundabout to Blakes Cross anyway?

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Isn't it normally single file northbound from Tesco roundabout to Blakes Cross anyway?
    Yes but there's a much better merge pattern when there's no cones blocking the way. 15 minutes to get from the M1 to the Tesco roundabout is a bit of a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Little D

i agree its disgraceful the roundabout at tesco is now even more dangerous then it was before its like a bottle neck!! i was actually stopped on the roundabout for a few minutes, the road works are becoming more and more dangerous their are 2 sets of traffic lights now one at the ministers service station and one just before blakes cross then you encounter the mess that is set up at turvey ave, it is also very dangerous coming from rush and lusk at the turn off for blakes cross the slow lane has been removed totally!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Phone up Fingal Coco waterworks dept and complain.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The good news is that apart from one section a couple of km north of Blakes Cross, where there is a very large hole, and the lights have remained over the weekend, the rest of the current round of works appears to be resurfacing. Hopefully this means there are no more excavations planned!

Large sections of the southbound carriageway have already been resurfaced. There are a few bad stretches northbound also, and hopefully when they have finished we will have a pretty decent road surface.

I guess some of it will have to wait the development at Turvey, as I understand a new roundabout is going in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Another roundabout????
    We should win a prize for the most amount of roundabouts on a stretch of road in Ireland. Between Blakes Cross and the Airport on the old N1...how many roundabouts are there in total on that road??
    Looks like the resurfacing has finished, but it's a shoddy job, to be honest, and the traffic management was appalling. It's also not helped by muppets who see traffic cones and lose the head altogether along with any semblance of common sense they might have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

shoddy is an understatement.

and as for traffic management!!!! more like traffic mismanagement ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

dan_d wrote: »
    Another roundabout????
    We should win a prize for the most amount of roundabouts on a stretch of road in Ireland.
    You haven't been to Galway City in the last couple of years :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Looks like the resurfacing has finished

I'd be surprised if it has - some of the equipment was parked in a field just south of Blakes Cross over the weekend, and they haven't done anything on the northbound carriageway yet (which has some pretty bad patches on it - certainly worse than some of the sections they have done southbound)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭sk8board

the roundabout discussed above is now built and almost complete on turvey ave... any ideas when the new road re-alignment will open? theres a bit of a queue in evening traffic when the two lane merge at the tesco distribution center roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

You thinkk we are bad for roundabouts? Having driven it Italy for the last 4 summers they have far more and appear to have less tips than we do. Some people just zooom onto them so we probably all wish we just had none. Its a joke the length of time they are working on that road. Sure we put up with it.

Anyone got an idea of when the roundabout will be completed and fully operational? It's not much fun trying to get home in the evenings at the moment, stuck on the dualer on a 33X!

not sure what the problem is relly as it was always one lane. shows people inability to drive i think. plus the people driving in the right hand lane and then squeezing in is not helping either. mind you it never did.

looks a while off yet. in fact it looks like they have only put inthe temporary roads and serices. the petrol tanks i dont think have been installed or anything. so it could be a while.

Traffic now down to 1 lane inbound so it's virtually nose to tail from Blake's Cross to the Tesco roundabout.

Why oh why was this not completed in August when the schools were off (did the builders have to take their precious two weeks holidays?). The site was idle for long enough as it was, I can only assume that it was down to planning issues that the delays are down to!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

dcr22B wrote: »
    Traffic now down to 1 lane inbound so it's virtually nose to tail from Blake's Cross to the Tesco roundabout.

Why oh why was this not completed in August when the schools were off (did the builders have to take their precious two weeks holidays?). The site was idle for long enough as it was, I can only assume that it was down to planning issues that the delays are down to!

I have heard a lot about this and I agree. It would have been great if it had been finished in August.

Just off the phone to Fingal CoCo and they have confirmed that the roundabout on the R132 is due to fully open on Friday week. The sooner the better as the traffic in the mornings heading from Lusk/Rush/Skerries has been a total joke!

Friday 12th October has now long passed for the date for this roundabout to be finished.

Excuse my French, but what a fcuking joke!

We might finally be seeing progress on the roundabout at Turvey. It looks like the road cordoned off at present is ready for tarmac application so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Was supposed to finish this Friday but has been pushed out till Saturday according to the reports on 103.2 this morning.

We should get our free run back for next week.

There still seems to be quite a bit of work to do to the junction itself, and the Southbound lane that has been open needs resurfacing (and white lines) - I suspect Southbound will remain down to 1 lane for a while yet (although it may be the inside rather than outside one), and Northbound goes down to 1 lane after the roundabout anyway.

resurfacing wont take that long at all.

i have not seen the works in a few days but if they pull the finger out it could be done.

i have often laid a kilometer of tar in a night when i worked on roads.

They've been working on this stretch of road for almost 5 months now.

It's an absolute f**king joke.

i agree with you on that one.

far too long.

its not as if they are under resourced either . but anyway i reckon they dragging it. not really complex job and plenty of space with traffic management.

wont take long to bring it all together.

Martron wrote: »
    resurfacing wont take that long at all.

They seem to have surfaced the second lane citybound so they seem to be finally getting their finger out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Just in time for the M1 to be pulled apart between the Estuary bridge and Lissenhall!!!

I despair of this country. I really do. For the last 5 years it's been continuous roadworks - the port tunnel, the M50, Turvey, Turvey again, and now the M1. No sooner does one finish, than another starts up. It's an absolute chore to get anywhere around here somedays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Just in time for the M1 to be pulled apart between the Estuary bridge and Lissenhall!!!

I despair of this country. I really do. For the last 5 years it's been continuous roadworks - the port tunnel, the M50, Turvey, Turvey again, and now the M1. No sooner does one finish, than another starts up. It's an absolute chore to get anywhere around here somedays.

Imagine how bad it would be it they did all the upgrade works at the same time :eek:

All the works you mention above were / are badly needed. Yes they cause hardship when being done but in the long run look at the benefits.

When I started in my job the M1 did not exist and the M50 was only two lanes, some days it would take me over 2 hours to get from my job to my house. Now the same journey takes me 35 to 45 minutes most days.

I think the works that have been carried out have been well worth doing in the long run.

Could you only imagine if the M1 was never built, what would the traffic from Blakes Cross to the old Dual Carriageway would be like at the moment while these works are being carried out.......I'd say the tailback would be are far as Balrothy if not Balbriggan.

• Advertisement

If only it was being widened there.

I'm open to correction on this but the current works are only for Airport to Drynam.

Advertisement