Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R132 Roadworks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

dcr22B wrote: »
    If only it was being widened there.

I'm open to correction on this but the current works are only for Airport to Drynam.

Correct, but as far as I'm aware the lane closure starts well before the Drynam junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

celticbest wrote: »
    Correct, but as far as I'm aware the lane closure starts well before the Drynam junction.
    Also two lanes will be kept open throughout the works and with traffic at a slow going through there in the morning anyhow I doubt there will be little knock of effect.

Does anyone know what way they are going to carry out the upgrade, is it one side at a time until completion or are they doing both sides in parallel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Also two lanes will be kept open throughout the works and with traffic at a slow going through there in the morning anyhow I doubt there will be little knock of effect.

There was only one lane open at night over the weekend.

The co. co. are a joke regarding their estimates of time to do work. They had the R129 estimated to be closed for a month for the Interconector and not it's up on their website as it taking 3 months....

Similar overrun on changing the access to the west car park in Donabate station.
    Same craic rebuilding the footpath from Lusk to Rush...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

There was only one lane open at night over the weekend.

The co. co. are a joke regarding their estimates of time to do work. They had the R129 estimated to be closed for a month for the Interconector and not it's up on their website as it taking 3 months....

Similar overrun on changing the access to the west car park in Donabate station.
    Same craic rebuilding the footpath from Lusk to Rush...

Interesting to see how that area handles all the rainfall and hightide.

• Advertisement

Heard this morning on LiveDrive that the works are to be finished up on Thursday.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Heard this morning on LiveDrive that the works are to be finished up on Thursday.
    Did they say which Thursday?

In fact, did they say which year?:D

Seriously though, it does look as if it's nearing completion now, with half of one lane Southbound to complete the resurfacing on when I came in this morning (hopefully that will be done by the time I head back tonight), then the white lines to paint, roundabout to close up and concrete slabs to remove from the center of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Could you only imagine if the M1 was never built, what would the traffic from Blakes Cross to the old Dual Carriageway would be like at the moment
    .....or for those of us who were around before the dual carriageway opened.........Dublin via Swords main street!!! :)

2 lanes open southbound at Turvey Avenue.

Hurray :) shame it now causes more of a build up to the lights at Lissenhall but it could be worse!

• Advertisement

Believe it when I see it.
    2 lanes open southbound at Turvey Avenue.

Hurray :) shame it now causes more of a build up to the lights at Lissenhall but it could be worse!

dcr22B, see it's seems to actually be on track for a change...........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

.....or for those of us who were around before the dual carriageway opened.........Dublin via Swords main street!!!

Not only that, but back in those days I used to be able to leave Skerries at 8:10 & be parked up & in the office near Merrion Square by 9:00. :cool:

dcr22B, see it's seems to actually be on track for a change...........;)

What do they want, a medal ;)

What do they want, a medal ;)

I've heard they only accept Trophies now.........:D

Are the works finished? I have to head to Rush tonight and am hoping there's an inprovement since the last time I was down that way.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are the works finished? I have to head to Rush tonight and am hoping there's an inprovement since the last time I was down that way.
    No, but there were 2 lanes open Southbound this morning (separated by cones). White lines still have to be painted and they are still working on finishing off the roundabout.

And to add to it all, there's a notice that the R127 is going to be closed Northbound at Blakes Cross for the next 2 weeks (I think they are diverting vehicles up to the next right and back onto the R127 at the school), so I suspect (Northbound at least), it may get worse before it gets better

Beasty wrote: »
    the R127 is going to be closed Northbound at Blakes Cross for the next 2 weeks (I think they are diverting vehicles up to the next right and back onto the R127 at the school)
    Hanna's Avenue. ;)

Diversion in place this evening and really only added another 5 minutes onto the journey so not so bad.

Off to Rush again tonight, are the works finished?

Off to Rush again tonight, are the works finished?

They're not finished but you shouldn't experience any delays. By the way, there is a flashing sign befroe Blake's Cross saying that there is no right turn onto the road to Lusk. If it's not blocked by barriers, turn right anyway as the contractors are too f**king lazy to change the signs and the confusion amongst drivers has been pretty appalling.

• Advertisement

They're not finished but you shouldn't experience any delays. By the way, there is a flashing sign befroe Blake's Cross saying that there is no right turn onto the road to Lusk. If it's not blocked by barriers, turn right anyway as the contractors are too f**king lazy to change the signs and the confusion amongst drivers has been pretty appalling.

Got through no problem, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

I emailed Fingal Co Council about that last night.

Heres the email address roads@fingalcoco.ie

In case anyone would like to contact them :)

Carter12 wrote: »
    I emailed Fingal Co Council about that last night.

Heres the email address roads@fingalcoco.ie

In case anyone would like to contact them :)

I'd say the reason this is so slow is because the lads doing the work are dragging it out to keep themselves in a job.

I'll still email Fingal CoCo to see what explanation they have, if enough people do it might push it on a bit quicker.

I see that there are resurfacing works due to commence on the R132 @ Pinnock Hill North SOUTH of Swords, I just hope they have a better traffic management plan in place compared to above works.............

....on the R132 @ Pinnock Hill North of Swords...
    South of Swords! ;)

Works to begin on the 10th....

Advertisement