Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June bank Holiday weekend!

Options
  • 20-05-2010 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey all,
    myself and some friends are looking for a nice clean place to stay which is in the centre of Galway City for the June bank holiday weekend and we were thinking of staying in the Celtic Tourist Hostel, does anyone know if this is a nice place to stay? and within walking distance to the pubs/clubs? or any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Hmm, so Claddagh Hostel has a new name. Good way to lose all the old reviews on hostelworld.com, I guess.

OP, you might like to read the reviews of some other hostels on that site before you decide.

The location of the one you suggest is as Biko says.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

That hostel is a bit of an oul' crusty hotel. If that's what you're into then you'll love it, but if you want modern and clean i'd try SleepZone or one of the other modern ones around the Square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Cleopatra_Rebel

thanks for the replies :D....yeah i've decided not to go with that hostel...now we have provisionally booked the Galway City Hostel..does anyone have any experience or views on this hostel?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

thanks for the replies :D....yeah i've decided not to go with that hostel...now we have provisionally booked the Galway City Hostel..does anyone have any experience or views on this hostel?

Give us a link to the hostel in question

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Why not just go with the Victoria hotel, its around the corner from eyre square as mentioned and is only about a tenner dearer than the hostels. A brother of a friend stayed there before and he was happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Well, it's better than Claddagh/Celtic/whatever anyway!

I never stayed in it, 'cos they only did mixed dorms. But I've put up posters there and the staff seem pretty cool.

If it's swish and alcohol-free that you want, then Snoozles is the best. Other than that, I liked Kinlay and Sleepzone, in that order.

But it's almost three years since I was new to Galway, things could have changed. Check hostelworld for current reviews, and only believe 80% of what you read there.

Advertisement