Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groom speech help please

Options
  • 20-05-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I have searched, but it seems the grooms speech isn't very widely covered in here.

I'm getting married Friday week, and just gotta finalise my groom speech (which I'm nervous about:o).

So can anybody help me and make sure I'm not forgetting anything please:)

So generally, in this order, I'm doing the following:

1. Thanking everyone for coming (on behalf of my wife and I)

2. Thanking father and mother in law for welcoming me into their family

3. Thanking my parents and parents in law for all their assistance and support

4. Thanking the bridesmaid (only having 1) for her help

5. Thanking my best man (only 1 groomsman) for his help

6. Thank the priest for the ceremony

7. Finish with thanking my beautiful new wife etc etc.

Finished.

Am I missing anything? Or any pointers for me?

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭forestman

Col200sx wrote: »
    Hey all, I have searched, but it seems the grooms speech isn't very widely covered in here.

I'm getting married Friday week, and just gotta finalise my groom speech (which I'm nervous about:o).

So can anybody help me and make sure I'm not forgetting anything please:)

So generally, in this order, I'm doing the following:

1. Thanking everyone for coming (on behalf of my wife and I)

2. Thanking father and mother in law for welcoming me into their family

3. Thanking my parents and parents in law for all their assistance and support

4. Thanking the bridesmaid (only having 1) for her help

5. Thanking my best man (only 1 groomsman) for his help

6. Thank the priest for the ceremony

7. Finish with thanking my beautiful new wife etc etc.

Finished.

Am I missing anything? Or any pointers for me?

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks:)

I have not even started thinking about mine yet but in fairness you seem to have most of the bases covered. You should probably thank the hotel staff too if you think they have done a good job (although you should probably do it anyway in case they spit in the soup!):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Congrats! I had a good read of the speeches here

http://www.hitched.co.uk/speeches/samples/samplespeechhome.aspx/index.asp

They helped a bit, some good ones there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

thank the hotel staff ...... and a little story about how you and new missus met...or the moment you realised she was the one for you ....make people go ..."awwwwww"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

As well as the above, in my speech, I thanked the readers for their part, flower girl and page boy, the priest for making things nice and easygoing in the church, the lads who drove the cars, the musicians, choir, our friend who made the cake and a general Thank you to all for being there and for the presents they gave. I also mentioned specifically a relative who had travelled from the US..

In my case, I just had a list of the names, etc written down in front of me, so I wasn't reading a prepared speech that was too formal.

Hope this is a bit of help. Don't stress about it. You'll be having such a good time on the day that whatever you say will be right at the time.

Best of luck and enjoy the big day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

One small pointer, have a word with the best man also for the parts you have mentioned as you could both end up thanking all the same people twice over and it becomes a bit silly for the best man, as he is usually the last to speak in the running order.

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

If you are nervous ,try having the speeches berfore the meal. You will enjoy your meal a lot more.

Advertisement