Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pimp my porridge

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

My wife destroys the microwave every single morning with her porridge fanaticism. It drives me spare.

Do any of you people eat a normal breakfast like eggs and black puddingl how about a nice bowl of cornflakes from a newly opened box with a light covering of ice cold fresh milk.

Porridge me arse. Feckin sandal wearing feckin hippies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

ROK ON wrote: »
    how about a nice bowl of cornflakes from a newly opened box with a light covering of ice cold fresh milk.

Porridge me arse. Feckin sandal wearing feckin hippies.

Now that is a tasty breakfast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Stick in an onion, a little left over beef and some potatoes and you got yourself a stew goin on

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Stick in an onion, a little left over beef and some potatoes and you got yourself a stew goin on

Smoked mackerel and peas FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

ROK ON wrote: »
    My wife destroys the microwave every single morning with her porridge fanaticism. It drives me spare.

Mug of boiling water in saucepan with a bit of salt. Bring to boil, stir in 1/2 mug of porridge and a handful of sultanas. Turn off heat, let stand for 4 min. Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Start the morning with a good slug of cod liver oil followed by a pint of water. For breakfast place one mug of porridge mixed with two mugs of skimmed milk in a large bowl and microwave on full for 4 mins. Mix in two mugs of Rice Krispies, makes a nice job of the porridge, adds a bit of sweetness and aerates it cooling it down quicker. After porridge finish off with a mug of orange juice and a yop.

The strangest addition I've ever heard to porridge was with a guy I knew who used to wash off the sauce from a tin of beans and add the beans to his porridge for protein. Whenever he ran out of beans he'd add a more normal fistful or two of red skin peanuts to his porridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

Nobody has mentioned a large spoon of golden syrup - can't beat it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Don't worry, I got the reference ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Black Strap Molasses........an throw her in the big ring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Don't worry, I got the reference ;)

Carl Weathers, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Carl Weathers, :D

Tobias: I'm afraid all I have is $1100, and that's for this plane ticket.

Carl: Check this out, $1100 is exactly what I charge for acting classes.

Tobias: [delighted] Oh no it isn't, what are the chances?

Advertisement