Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted abductions in Kildare/North Dublin [mod warning in effect #162 ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Apologies for doubts. Seems hard to believe how scary the streets are becoming and how blatent these people seem to be in their attempts at abduction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Very scarey esp after Prime Time last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I know Deliverance, these attempts are all to frequent lately. My hubbie was at the shops earlier and saw a father and daughter being questioned by gards, taking notes of what the child was saying, I hope to God it wasnt another attempt. First time I had let the kids into the front garden in a while and needless to say they were all pulled straight back in to the back just in case. Could be completely wrong, they may have seen something else but with all these reports of attempted abductions I wasnt taking any chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Apologies for doubts. Seems hard to believe how scary the streets are becoming and how blatent these people seem to be in their attempts at abduction.

Good thing the Internet is here in some ways.As schools that have not been warned and people who are not aware of whats going on will be now,also people who have not got children yet can be aware of whats going on also and keep eyes on the kids on their roads or areas.

All you have to think of is that show on prime time,i saw it in a movie other day.The woman was searching for known pedophiles in her area.The husband came in and said your computer looks like it has the chicken pox.Reminds me of the grid they showed on the news today of activity in Ireland.
    Thats why they call them predators.

They are predators that is for sure. They have infilitrated organisations in a blatent way to get access to vulnerable kids. A perfect example is the Catholic Church, we all know that story and it is well documented. Some liberal people tag them as being ill and in need of treatment. Personally I think that they are just plain evil by design.

Plus in todays multicultural society a child in some quarters is seen as commodity worth a lot of money as a child beggar.

• Advertisement

Just got a text to say there was an attempt in laraghcon on Lucan this afternoon,3 men in a blue cat tried to snatch a boy, will update if I hear more.

So I'm updating quick enough here ad I text the local mammies in my phone. Turns out the neighbours friend lives in laraghcon so she called her to warn her, only she didn't realise it was this lasts child!

So the mother of the boy was understandably upset, she said the school had only today given a talk about the bad men. The boy was playing when he was approached by a car of 3 or 4 men, a blue car I am told, a man tells him he's mammies friend and she asked them to pick the boy up. Fresh in his mind from school he ran!

I'm sorry to say this guys but this seems to me to be a gang, multiple cars, large variety of areas, it's all getting a bit scary now!

So I'm updating quick enough here ad I text the local mammies in my phone. Turns out the neighbours friend lives in laraghcon so she called her to warn her, only she didn't realise it was this lasts child!

So the mother of the boy was understandably upset, she said the school had only today given a talk about the bad men. The boy was playing when he was approached by a car of 3 or 4 men, a blue car I am told, a man tells him he's mammies friend and she asked them to pick the boy up. Fresh in his mind from school he ran!

I'm sorry to say this guys but this seems to me to be a gang, multiple cars, large variety of areas, it's all getting a bit scary now!

Maybe it is something to do with the road blocks today after all,they were there whole day on that road.

Thank god that little boy had good sense to run :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cackles

I agree... I always let my little one out to play with checking on her every few minutes, never out of earshot, but from now, it will be never out of eye shot, there are kids wandering the estate daily way out of parental view... true or not... its a wake up call.
    I remember last year the details of some ex garda being trailed for paying someone to abduct a girl of % for some sort of child abuse ring, look i dont have the details, as i just remember being horrified, but my point is, there was huge money offered to the person in question. so therefore it could explain a raise in these abduction attempts if there is big money involved in recession times ????? I dont recall know as I have stated, but it is enough for me to be extra vigilant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jennyfer

Its VERY scary, I have to say, I am worried. For all our children. And also because many parents wont have heard anything about any of it.

• Advertisement

It is certainly a heads up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭JayMul

I was stopped tonight and it wasn't a routine check, the Garda gave me a bit of extra attention over the cars ahead of me. After reading this I know why I drive the same colour and model as one of the suspect cars :eek: here was me worried about my tax being out a month, anyway good to see they are looking for these ****ers hope they catch them. Makes me sick to my stomach that people want to harm children :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I put a call into Lucan Garda Station this morning about the attempted abduction in Laraghon. The Garda I was speaking to said nothing like this has happened in Lucan.

For some reason I highly doubt the mother islying, my neighbour says the girl was in tears when she called.

I might put a call in myself today, definitly ringing the school.

I called the Garda station myself, yes they denied an attempt, said it was getting out ofcontrol but when I explained the playschool incident and the storyfrom the school and the fact thatfir me the story came from the mother of the child involved, then it was admitted that there was a situation of shouting out a window to a child but as far as they were concerned it was not an abduction attempt! They said themother didn't request for them to go to the house but did ask that they go out and look fir the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

getting a bit ahead of yourselves I think. If these guys are child abductors, they're not doing a very good job, what with the 14 or so "attempts" and not one child awol. Remember as well that kids have vivid imaginations so telling them to be very careful of strangers, and they're walking home, that is exactly what they'll be doing, looking at every single stranger. someone looks out a window of a car at them and they'll run screaming.

zuroph wrote: »
    getting a bit ahead of yourselves I think. If these guys are child abductors, they're not doing a very good job, what with the 14 or so "attempts" and not one child awol. Remember as well that kids have vivid imaginations so telling them to be very careful of strangers, and they're walking home, that is exactly what they'll be doing, looking at every single stranger. someone looks out a window of a car at them and they'll run screaming.

Do you know how many attempted child abductions go on?
    No neither does anyone.
    Would people rather that they succeed?then to say wow should have listened.
    Or for it to actually happen and one goes missing to satisfy people scepticism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

I called the Garda station myself, yes they denied an attempt, said it was getting out ofcontrol but when I explained the playschool incident and the storyfrom the school and the fact thatfir me the story came from the mother of the child involved, then it was admitted that there was a situation of shouting out a window to a child but as far as they were concerned it was not an abduction attempt! They said themother didn't request for them to go to the house but did ask that they go out and look fir the car!

shouting out the window of your car to a child is now an attempted abduction in your eyes? they could have been asking directions or anything.

i was starting to reach hysteria reading this thread but luckily that post has calmed me down a lot.

No it isn't usually but when it is a man telling a child to get in the car he's mammies friend it's pretty damn close isn't it!

No it isn't usually but when it is a man telling a child to get in the car he's mammies friend it's pretty damn close isn't it!

Thats attempted abduction,in the misleading of a child.And if someone said that to my child,i would consider that very serious.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jennyfer

In a situation where there have been several attempted child abductions reported around various areas, confirmed or not, I dont think its a problem if parents do get a bit ahead of themselves. If a child hasnt gone awol yet then thats a good thing and we certainly shouldnt wait until one does and then sit up and take notice. Adults shouldnt be pulling up in their cars and calling out to kids anyway, whatever they were up to.

in the case of the man playing football with the kid then jumping in a car and tearing off, how does she know he was eastern european?

zuroph wrote: »
    in the case of the man playing football with the kid then jumping in a car and tearing off, how does she know he was eastern european?

Honestly I don't know, I've been told more to the story but not sure I'd it's true so I haven't posted it here.

After posting about the call to the Garda earlier I also called the school ofmyeldest, the principal of which told me he is taking it very seriously.

of course the principal would say he's taking it seriously, if he said any less the parents committee would be up in arms.
    Im just saying it sounds like the story has become a bit exaggerated.

Seems like there is no truth to the Tallaght abduction rumours

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055927589&page=2

Seems like there is no truth to the Tallaght abduction rumours

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055927589&page=2

In correct ;)
    I personally got the letters from school.

I hear the mother of the child in the Lucan case is disgusted the gardai are saying nothing happened. My neighbour dropped in to let me know the story she got direct from the mother and she says the gardai WERE in her house!

I hear the mother of the child in the Lucan case is disgusted the gardai are saying nothing happened. My neighbour dropped in to let me know the story she got direct from the mother and she says the gardai WERE in her house!

I would assume its so parents don't get frantic,and they don't have people going around attacking random people who seem suspicious.
    So they play it down.

caseyann wrote: »
    I would assume its so parents don't get frantic,and they don't have people going around attacking random people who seem suspicious.
    So they play it down.

And during the course of that they make a mother and child out to be liars? It's not right!

• Advertisement

And during the course of that they make a mother and child out to be liars? It's not right!

Well we all know that children can interpret things as being different to what the situation really is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement