Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted abductions in Kildare/North Dublin [mod warning in effect #162 ]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Interesting thought. I had the same passport idea myself as this thread was developing. I imagine that once a genuinely convicted person had the offence recorded in some way. i.e. a brand or identifying mark in some way?

I imagined a red mark on the passport, or at least something identifying the man or woman as a potential offender that has served a sentence and is most likely to repeat. This would alert the authorities to the potential and would more importantly let the offender know that they are being monitored.

OK that sounds draconian in itself but is not the long term price to pay as a sentence via being identified as a 'free' paedophile who is a potential re-offender who could potentially ruin lives?

To me justice for a man or woman who ruins a child's life via abuse of this nature is the ultimate crime, and it is horrible, they made a choice and subsequently should have their right to privacy removed via the very nature of their crime against humanity (We all agree that it is said crime).

'Their' right to privacy should be removed in a responsible way via law. They gave up rights to absolute anonymity when they chose to hurt and destroy individuals lives as a life choice for their own selfish needs.

Apoligies for partial rant, but these folks need to be exposed and I think that a responsible and realised attitude towards them is paramount in our society to effectively deal with them.

Personally I see them as a subnormal part of society that is unusual and therefore outside normal law and indeed normal human practices. These offenders gave up their rights, they gave up those rights when they decided to put it upon themselves to take away the given rights of the kids that they abused. Children have rights, the abusers do not get that, they really don't. The abusers shoud be educated and punished as such.

Until a better system comes along then that is the best I can offer as an opinion.

Well been honest i think they should be all wearing those ankle monitors also the passport idea.
    I completely agree with you but people seem so lost in the rights of all they are forgetting they shouldnt have any rights.They lost that right when they imposed themselves and ruined a child's life and the families lives.

TheFairy wrote: »
    He just thought the guy looked dodgy and that he knew him from somewhere, so we went back to the house and googled him. Seemingly he was a seriously dangerous individual.

Fair play to yous,good call.Hopefully others will spot things like this also and have the same common sense to check.Even if wrong never hurts to be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Spam

Are you involved with this website in anyway Victoria?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Closing the thread as it is old news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement