Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you sleep with window open?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Im curious..
    I sleep with the window open all night every night snow rain frost or warm weather I can't sleep when its closed just room feels all suffy so my berooom windows always open, So im curious, do you sleep with the window open or closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

In the summer here (Montreal) you have to have a window open or you'd suffocate! In the winter it can get to minus 20 so no definitely not in the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

My neighbor isint a nice person, so it stays closed.

Although I leave it open on sunday mornings as he is away somewhere.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I sleep with the window open a lot of the time. I hate when the room feels all stuffy and horrible, I can't get to sleep because it feels like I can't breathe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I'm like you OP, always MUST have the window open, I just get too warm, even if it's raining or in the winter, it's weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

I agree - all through the winter I had the top part half open (you know the way double glazed windows lock but can still let a draft in).

During the summer I have both half open 24/7 and open them fully as often as possible. I hate central heating too, very bad the sinus and respiratory system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Used to sleep with it open every night and no curtains.

Now that I sleep with my girlfriend. We "sleep" with the windows closed, doors locked, heavy curtains (her with an eye-mask too!) and me there sprawled across the covers sweating like a priest in a playground.

Weird thing is I'm always cold during the day, and her warm. Its like her entire metabolism goes on holidays when the clock strikes 12!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Depends! sometimes yes and sometimes no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

I'd like to sleep with the window open, but when I do, the light comes on and then my battery goes flat:(

Yours etc.

A modern Irishman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

I live in a bungalow and don't have a window but have patio doors and it's not really wise to leave that open! Having said that, I have done on occasions as I can't stand a stuffy room.
    I never ever put the radiator on in my room either-I love a cold bedroom but a warm bed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Window open, i sleep a lot better with fresh air. When I've a few pints in I snore like a bear, unless the window is open. When the OH is over though, window closed, blinds and curtains closed, and any little led light in the room must be off or covered, she so crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I'd like to sleep with the window open, but when I do, the light comes on and then my battery goes flat:(

Yours etc.

A modern Irishman

You sleep in a fridge? :confused:

I would love to sleep with the windows open but it's far too loud where I live for that. Wish I could live in the city at day and in the country at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I have a balcony door and no window in my room so I normally have it closed but on really hot nights I will leave it open. I leave the door open when I at home most days just to air the place out but its actually quite a cool room.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Closed. I hate having the windows open at all in case something flys/crawls in.
    I couldn't sleep in a room knowing the window was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Window open, sleep on top of quilt, often have a fan on. Beauty of sleeping with a human radiator :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Don't like leaving it open...spiders will get me. :(

There's usually a row about it.

Damn spiders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Closed! I live in a bungalow and often hear things moving about outside my window. I think I tried it once last Summer but I just couldn't sleep comfortably.

z_topaz wrote: »
    You sleep in a fridge? :confused:

Hahaha I was a bit puzzled by that comment as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Never. Always closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm halfway up a mountain and my bedroom is at ground level. If I left a window open in winter, I'd freeze to death. If I left it open in the summer, there'd be nests of all sorts of insects populating my room by the morning.

Cannot understand how you'd leave a window open when it's -5 degrees outside. Sure, it's warm under the cover, but your face would be freeeezing.

Closed! I live in a bungalow and often hear things moving about outside my window. I think I tried it once last Summer but I just couldn't sleep comfortably.

I know something you did last summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Fishie wrote: »
    Hahaha I was a bit puzzled by that comment as well!

well i'm glad to see that the thought of a battery operated fridge with a window in it has clarified matters for you:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

Always closed. When I was younger I had a fear that witches would climb in if I left it open, so since then I'll never leave it open at night.

well i'm glad to see that the thought of a battery operated fridge with a widow in it has clarified matters for you:confused:

No, it just cracked me up! What did you mean, why would opening the window make the light come on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Closed. I hate having the windows open at all in case something flys/crawls in.
    I couldn't sleep in a room knowing the window was open.
    LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

My bedrooms like a heat trap at times so except in extreme cold weather my window is left open most of the time .

Fishie wrote: »
    No, it just cracked me up! What did you mean, why would opening the window make the light come on?

I think I get it - it gets in the way of his burglar light sensor.

I still prefer the thought of him sleeping in his fridge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

MAINLY closed. Unless on the freak occasion the thermometer edges above 20 degrees.

Can't stand these open window enthusiasts.

My office is full of them.....It'll be January and they'll try to open ALL the windows and blast a lod of fans and whinge '...its BOILING in here ' when its clearly freezing.

freaks

Can't stand these open window enthusiasts.

My office is full of them.....It'll be January and they'll try to open ALL the windows and blast a lod of fans and whinge '...its BOILING in here ' when its clearly freezing.

freaks

Does your boss know people are sleeping in your office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Have to have the window open in the summer, otherwise I'd suffocate! I sleep very lightly though when it's open because the noises from outside freak me out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

seamus wrote: »
    I'm halfway up a mountain and my bedroom is at ground level.

Wow, that's some descent just to go to bed. :pac:

Always closed. I live in an apartment over looking the Square so it would get quite noisy. Plus I was tidying last saturday and a GIGANTIC bee flew in. I stunned him with windolene but he recovered and disappeared somewhere. Wouldn't want him near me while I was sleeping.

Advertisement