Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you sleep with window open?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Always open, unless it's winter and the other half forces me to close it.
    Hey, it's warm under the covers!

I live close to a big road so have the boy ricers, gardai, ambulance and fire trucks bolting past too. Ah, the nocturnal sounds of the city :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

biko wrote: »
    Always open, unless it's winter and the other half forces me to close it.
    Hey, it's warm under the covers!

I live close to a big road so have the boy ricers, gardai, ambulance and fire trucks bolting past too. Ah, the nocturnal sounds of the city :)

I live ina main street i get that all night long tho i think im paying for when i had a boyracer car.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Alwyas open, need fresh air to survive. There's an old castle beside me and I've had bats in a few times which can make it hard to relax

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Closed, to keep out the noise. I even have the air vent taped up for the same reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Open all year round....and don't have an electric blanket and keep the rad turned off. HATE a warm bedroom.....though this causes problems with the other half!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I live ina main street i get that all night long tho i think im paying for when i had a boyracer car.... :pac:
    I moved this from AH to the Sleeping forum, hope that's ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

I normally have it closed, otherwise I'll wake up in bits.

If I'm staying in my girlfriends house then I usually try to open a window but she doesn't like that. They keep the heating on 24/7 in their house and she's like a furnace so it's like sleeping next the sun. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NC27

I sleep with it open all year round. The only time its closed is when the wind is driving the rain in and even then it would have to bad before I close the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I usually keep the window open a fraction just to let some air in and keep the place fresh during the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

too afraid to sleep wit it open in case some one comes in ha ha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Never, feel bad when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Window open all year round, don't care if its freezin out. Wake up all groggy otherwise. Plus sleeping with a fella who farts like a trooper I need the fresh air:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Closed, to keep out the noise. I even have the air vent taped up for the same reason.

Thats dangerous isnt it? May lead to dampness / mould in the room?
    Please google it for yourself.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Always open, even on a freezing night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I think I have done it about twice in my whole life and that's when we had hot weather. It's way too cold now for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

always seems to give me a cold, to elaborate on the above. Well a cough really, sore throat

Advertisement