Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in SW Donegal ?

• 20-05-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi

I am becoming increasingly frustrated at the pathetic BB coverage here in SW Donegal - Mountcharles area. We currently have an o2 dongle but the speed is so pathetic you can forget about stuff like video. 3.ie reckon they have 94% of the population covered... oh yeah well we are the last 6% that aren't. Eircom are a waste of time because they won't come down here which leaves us with either o2 or Vodaphone. The latter will not work which leaves us with no choice at all except a slow and expensive o2 BB.

Does anyone know of any other provider ?

I thought this was the 21st century ? Well for 94% of the population maybe !

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭flynnboy

Sponge Bob wrote: »

40 euro pm ! Jesus. That's my poiunt why are we in the more rural areas punished by either pathetic coverage or expensive coverage. 3 are 20 pm. This really makes my blood boil.

flynnboy wrote: »
    40 euro pm ! Jesus. That's my poiunt why are we in the more rural areas punished by either pathetic coverage or expensive coverage. 3 are 20 pm. This really makes my blood boil.

So you pay €20 for something that does not WORK or €40 for something that DOES WORK. Some people deserve their mobile dialup services :(

Line rental is €26 a mont on its own, and that is with no bb on it. What sort of value is that ???

So you pay €20 for something that does not WORK or €40 for something that DOES WORK. Some people deserve their mobile dialup services :(

Line rental is €26 a mont on its own, and that is with no bb on it. What sort of value is that ???
    That's my point. Most people in the modern world have 'choice' the whole consumer/capitalist philosophy is based upon that and we have NONE. So I'm supposed to be happy because I might get something that works but at twice as expensive as somewhere elese where they do have 'choice' ?

WE are not the modern world as your neighbour, Mary Coughlan, will tell you! She will also tell you that 3 mobile broadband will save Donegal.

• Advertisement

She will also tell you that 3 mobile broadband will save Donegal.

Not this corner :mad:

Advertisement