Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to open the nozzle?

• 20-05-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

It may be me being brain dead with the warm weather but I am having trouble getting pressure into my tyres.

Wheels: DA 50MM clinchers
    valve extension on the nozzle which is inside the rim (pic attached)

Problem is the nozzle is closed and I cannot get it open to pump some pressure in. The tyres are probably at 80PSI max hence I can't wedge them off with levels and they are too soft for a race I have this weekend

So A: What are the suggestions to get the tyre off and nozzle open?
    B: when I do, do I leave it open and put the extension back on?

I take it I'm probably better off just putting on long valve tubes but I haven't time to get those between now and Sat morning, and I still need to get the tyres off anyway!

Thanks in advance and apologies if the solution is blatantly obvious :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

needlenose.jpg

needle nosed pliers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

needle nosed pliers ?

If that doesn't work just puncture the tube, get the tyre off, patch the tube, then reinflate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You are doing it wrong.

- Unscrew the valve core from the original tube
    - Screw the valve extension into the original tube in place of the valve core
    - Screw the valve core into the extension
    - You now have a normal valve protruding from your rims

You can use a needle-nosed pliers to do all this screwing or may have luck with a spoke key or tyre lever. Continental include a small bit of plastic with their extensions that will both remove the valve core and screw in the extension, very handy.

Advertisement