Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pirate radio stations today in Ireland

• 20-05-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Are they a dying breed?

Do they still fill the gap where they play the music other legit stations wouldn't touch and is there any appeal to the youth now or are they too busy social networking, gaming, downloading etc

Will DAB finally kill them off anway, when analogue FM is switched off eventually?

Is there much activity in Ireland today?

Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭craoltoir

With so many stations broadcasting on various platforms I can't see why they continue to exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I wish there was one where I am....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

craoltoir wrote: »
    With so many stations broadcasting on various platforms I can't see why they continue to exist.

Yes but essentially the full time licences are too generic, the quality of community stations are far to poor and "community orientated programming" usually means extremely limited interest. The odd temporary licence is usually a gem unfortanately only lasting a few weeks, havnt found any in a good while though. Looking forward to the 90s network getting back on FM in my area soon. I certainly miss pirate radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nobleedinway

i love pirate radios a few are going online which is great to see! :)
    i listen to tonik radio .. i dont know what type of music your interested in but i love techno (well alot of music but techno is out on its own ;) ) the OCD radio show is weds 8-10 they have old skool n i think some trance n electro
    heres the facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000757942277&ref=ts

i think theres club fm as well but i cant get it where i am happy listening :D

Advertisement