Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe issue

• 20-05-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Need some help, I found some green mold on a copper pipe going into one of my radiators. It seems that there a little leak and I need to seal it. I had a look and there isn't a way of tightening it (ie the leak isn't at a point where 2 pipes have a joint). Is there any product I can use to seal this or any other advice for me?

Thanks
    Emc2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

emc2 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Need some help, I found some green mold on a copper pipe going into one of my radiators. It seems that there a little leak and I need to seal it. I had a look and there isn't a way of tightening it (ie the leak isn't at a point where 2 pipes have a joint). Is there any product I can use to seal this or any other advice for me?

Thanks
    Emc2

You can get a bit of water weeping from the valve stem seal that doesn't turn into a leak. It can run down the pipe a bit and cause corrosion. If I were you I'd clean it off and keep an eye on it for a while to see if comes back. It might be nothing.

A photo would help lots if you're keen on identifying further though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Sorry guys don't have a photo yet, will get one later. There seems to be a mark on the floor under the pipe too. So it looks like it is a leak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭tiocimarla

You can get a wrap around copper pipe fix or you can get an epoxy in your local plumbers or hardware. Its easy to apply just clean the pipe and apply all around the pipe. If the water isnt spraying out then its not under pressure and this should be a long term fix for you. I think its epoxy just ask your man in the shop.

Advertisement