Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarming Rise In Heroin Use In Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

There are at least 12-15 junkies that use Dun Aengus car park everyday. And to say that Gardai aren't doing enough to control it, try ringing them next time you see a junkie shooting up. You'll have the ERU out in no time...

There is a decline in heroin injection nationwide also, they are smoking it much more now. Look out for tin foil everywhere, it's shocking how prevelent it is if you actually look.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, I did a quick Google and read an article about teenage girls smoking heroin, that was in 2008. Probably got worse since.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Also, haven't seen any tell-tale signs of junkie puke around the city yet,

For those of us who are ignorant, what would this look like? (or perhaps just a link, if you think the sensitive eyes of Galway City forum would be shocked by such a description ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

if im not mistaken heroin when smoked is smack?

if so thats bad news as its supposed to turn people bat crazy.

Who in there right minds does this tho? have they not heard and seen the effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Sorry i have no links for what is common knowledge out my way, there are 2 scumbags heavily involved in the drugs racket not too far from where i live.
    They are well known to the Gardai and hopefully it's only a matter of time before thay slip up enough to be put away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

skelliser wrote: »
    if im not mistaken heroin when smoked is smack?

if so thats bad news as its supposed to turn people bat crazy.

Who in there right minds does this tho? have they not heard and seen the effects.

Heroin = smack.

I'd imagine you are thinking of crack. ie a type of cocaine which is smoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Heroin = smack.

Smack was/is the term most used for years for Heroin, be it smoked, injected or snorted...also Gear has been used...example, "Have you any Gear on Ya?"

Smoking or snorting Heroin is sometimes referred to as Chasing The Dragon, the user is under the illusion that they will not become dependent using this way....

The amount of people who thought having a little snort at the weekend, was harmless fun. Are now paying for it...

Like the 70's, I expect to see a drug related increase in petty crime...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ya thats the one, i read about its first introduction to los angeles, apparently in a few cases guys who smoked it ejaculated without actually being erect, the feeling of well being was so strong!

Who in there right minds does this tho?
    in a few cases guys who smoked it ejaculated without actually being erect, the feeling of well being was so strong!

Answered your own question really..

I'd have to agree with this thread... this has been increasing over the past 6mths, i could name around 10 ppl(added 3 more last night) who are smoking it nw, one who would be a good friend of mine who i lost touch with over the past year.

He's been on coke, yokes, valium, drink etc... for years and i had heard he smoked it once two years or so ago but his cousin informed me last night he's on it all the time now.

It's the type of drug that if i heard who was selling it i'd pass on the information to the guards, saying that from the perspective of someone who buys ''cannabis'' from a dealer. It's ridiculous that ''smoke'' is bracketed in the same category(drugs charge that is) as a substance like that, there's a massive difference and smoking doesn't lead to further abuse nor does it lead to a decline in society

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

galwayrush wrote: »
    Very true i'm afraid.:mad:

any info on the Galway dealers? who they are? where they live?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

apparently in a few cases guys who smoked it ejaculated without actually being erect, the feeling of well being was so strong!

Where can I get some? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

mike kelly wrote: »
    any info on the Galway dealers? who they are? where they live?

what they're charging?

(just kidding, I'm a total square)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

is that true or tabloid talk?

oh it's probably true alright, look there are certain people involved in the trade of heroin/proper cocaine in this town, garda know who they are and where they live but can't do them for lack of evidence. too many people being used by these degenerates to do their dirty work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

JustMary wrote: »
    For those of us who are ignorant, what would this look like?

I guarantee you'll know it when you see it. ;) Violently ejected acidic gray paste is the closest description I can think of.

Quite a bit of user's activity near my brother's place in Dublin so anytime I visit I tend to see some on the ground or on walls. Not pleasant. Not pleasant at all. :(
    It's ridiculous that ''smoke'' is bracketed in the same category(drugs charge that is) as a substance like that, there's a massive difference and smoking doesn't lead to further abuse nor does it lead to a decline in society

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but unfortunately it's a debate that goes round and round and round. I for one would approve of it going down a class, but nothing like this will happen in our time.

Anyway, let's not make this a "Weed Is Awesome, Let's Legalise It!!!!" thread, we're talking about skag.

Dirty friggin drug, I used know a lady who was a self-proclaimed "occasional user", unfortunately occasionally is now every day. Sad really.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

How much does it cost?
    I know of guys who are on it (not well enough to talk with them about it) they dont work or never have where do they get the money for it?

Is there a minimum amount that an addict would need to spend daily? Does anyone have any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

eagle10 wrote: »
    where do they get the money for it?

Phone theft, I believe......

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

mikom wrote: »

I think that is a very childish stupid remark with no relevence to this thread just a pop at me from another thread.

Have you nothing better for doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

mikom wrote: »

Mikom,

With nearly 3000 posts you should know better than to engage in this petty rubbish. I'd prefer not to see it again, thanks.

/moderation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement