Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty flooring - refund

Options
  • 20-05-2010 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Hi,

bought 6 packs of wooden flooring. builder tried to install it but said after going through 3 packs to try and find a properly machined, straight board they could only manage to lay one row, all the rest of the boards were badly made.

This flooring was bought 2 days ago, I will have no problem returning it but don't want a replacement as it's highly unlikely I picked 6 dodgy packs and more likely the rest of their stock is dodgy.

Can I insist on a refund?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I don't see why not ring thee place you bought the flooring from and they would be able to tell you.
    do you still have a reciept?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lifestyle flooring

Hello wherevdud you buy the flooring from and what type is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hello wherevdud you buy the flooring from and what type is it ?

Please do not name the shop in question just yet.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Shouldn't you leave the boards aclimatise to the room in their unopened packs for more than 2 days? What is the moisture level in the building, has any wet work (concreteing, plastering, painting) be done recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Why don't you ring the shop and ask?

• Advertisement
Advertisement