Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Line-up

Options
  • 20-05-2010 4:13pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

summer-2010-v1export.jpg

Highschool of the Dead ftw!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I think you mean legend of the legendary heroes for the win.... best name ever:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

at a glance I like the look of Highschool of the Dead and Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin, but I'll prob end up watching most of them anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Funky wrote: »
    at a glance I like the look of Highschool of the Dead and Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin

Same, I might also give Shi Ki a shot, and I also at The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Highschool of the dead seems cool, been meaning to watch Kuro****sugi myself

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Highschool of the dead seems cool, been meaning to watch Kuro****sugi myself

i lolled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

i lolled
    Ahaha! Just noticed that myself, win

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Talk about trying to milk off the Legend of the Galactic Heroes brand :P

So far this looks kinda weak, tbh, but HSoD looks good, if it takes a humourous angle (like Angel beats), my day will be made.
    Also gonna check out Seitokai Yakuindomo, I think, but just cos I like slice of life's that are probably gonna end up in a harem...
    Mitsudomoe = hanamaru kindergarten, I think, I'll give it a gander too *shame*

Of course, rumour has it Code Geass 3 is set for summer, this list is far from definitive!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

IF Code Geass R3 indeed comes out soon, I would MEGA-ORGASM

Well, it's definitely this year, which means summer or autumn (no one ever does winter).
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-04-22/code-geass-gaiden-bokoku-no-akito-project-announced

Autumn is probably gonna be great again, anime makers seem to enjoy clumping all their good shows into 1 season, it's a conspiracy, I tells ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

IF Code Geass R3 indeed comes out soon, I would MEGA-ORGASM

Thanks for a /confirm on this.I dont watch much anime, only the stuff everyone is raving about and this was probably my favorite anime!Cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I think I got 6 or 7 on that list as preliminary to watch with one or two that I'll stick with no matter what. I need to finish up some of this seasons stuff quickly...

V2 of the summer line up is out:

http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/summer-2010-v2-export.jpg

Got me a date for Black Rock Shooter, I'm very excited about that. As for the rest, I'll just see what the initial reviews are before plunging in.

Pretty crappy season by the looks of things, I'll probably watch lots of it but at this stage I'm only really looking forward to Amagami, Occult Gakuin and Highschool of the Dead. Read the manga of HSotD and though the fanservice is pretty overdone it should be a pretty good zombie survival story. Maybe Legend of the Legendary Heroes too, the trailer made me think it's something like a shounen Berserk lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The only passable series I see is Highschool of the Dead (which better be uncensored! :mad:)

And then Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail, Black Rock Shooter & another Mahou Sensei Negima for OVAs.

Yeah... think I'm gonna be playing more video games than watching anime, yet again.

*edit*
    I take it back.

Cat Sh!t One (aka Apocalypse Meow) is now a must see! :D

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The only passable series I see is Highschool of the Dead (which better be uncensored! :mad:)

They're showing it censored in the morning and then uncensored later that night, no idea if it's gonna be as graphic as the manga though, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

summer-2010-v2-export.jpg

So far have seen ookami-san & Amagami-SS both seen good Amagami-SS is like KimiKiss and both have the same roots. ookami-san is good and reminds me of Toaru Majutsu no Index.

This Anime lists site is were the season list come from so check is out they don't do a version 3 the first version only include a list plus some pic the later one have release dates and the ova separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

All I'm looking forward to are the next episodes of Katanagatari and Gundam Unicorn.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

will they available to watch on sky?

will they available to watch on sky?

No, you'll have to download them as being new no licence for english will be done for a good while meaning no dvds.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Serkunet

Oh Shiki is being made into an anime? Cool ^^
    I'm reading the manga, author of 'The Twelve Kingdoms/Junni Kokki' with the artist who did 'Soul Hunter/Houshin Engi' ya know it's gonna be epic!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    No, you'll have to download them as being new no licence for english will be done for a good while meaning no dvds.

Ah I see.

High School of the Dead was released by coalguys today not sure if anyone else is subbing it yet.

High School of the Dead was released by coalguys today not sure if anyone else is subbing it yet.
    Coalguys are the worst subbers on the internet. If you must watch fansubs, watch somebody elses.

Coalguys are the worst subbers on the internet. If you must watch fansubs, watch somebody elses.

I know, they are also a bunch of Jerks. i waiting till someone else finishes the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Nothing wrong with coalguys.

I watched the Coalguys version, was perfectly fine. Sure they like their trollsubs and 'interpretating' things a bit looser but generally seem good in my opinion.

Good stuff, delivered what I was expecting. I like the manga and from episode 1 I'm pretty sure I'll like the rest of the anime.
    It was freakin' glorious when the 28 Days Later music kicked in.

Funky wrote: »
    Sure they like their trollsubs and 'interpretating' things a bit looser but generally seem good in my opinion.

I have downloaded too much Japanese baseball games that i now have lower tolerance for trolls. The odd joke about picking up or dropping a series is fine so is the death of a team-member, but when you make false torrents that just too far, i do look carefully if it's a big file now but my RSS feed can't check for trolls.

lrn2chck4fansubs:
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7382

Coalguys and commie will be our speed subs,
    And we'll probably see a quality sub by the end of the week :)

Do people think the series has potential, anyway? Is it worth my while?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

1st episode was decent enough, way too much fanservice for my liking though. For me, fanservice can mean 2 things. 1. It's there to distract the viewer away from a poor/so-so story, and 2. Cater for the demographic in order to potentially increase viewers/sales. The second option is understandable, especially in this market, but it can still grossly affect the quality/tone/atmosphere of the show. Now, I don't mind a little bit of fanservice, it's helpful sometimes in lightening the mood, but there's just too much of it in Highschool of the Dead which is probably the only part of this show that I'm disliking. There's just too many pervy shots of strangely shiny asses in it for me. On the gore side of things I'm rather pleased though. When it comes to the amount of extreme content in the first episode, it reminds me Elfen Lied, since the flagship episode of both seemed to go all out in order to give a 'this is what you're in for' type of presentation to its viewers.

Overall I was pleased with first episode, seems like it's going to be a pretty enjoyable series.

• Advertisement

Way too much fanservice.

The pace also seems to be plodding just a tad. We can see the resolution of a scene at the opening, but are left to sit through it just to get some more fanservice in.

Advertisement