Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO 2110 Change Of Mind?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

EDIT: problem solved. delete thread please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Yes, there is a specific code if you're during two subjects under TSM (two subject moderatership).

You've got to use the TSM grid in the TCD prospectus to get the specific course code for Geography and Sociology

EDIT: Just checked myself. The code you need TR332. Make sure to check for yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Planning on doing the LC again in 2110, fufureida?

Wow, that's forward planning!! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Just a reminder to everyone while I think of it, given that people are beginning to think of change-of-mind:

When the CAO gets round to offering places, you will be offered the first course on your list for which you have enough points, and everything below that on the list vanishes instantly. If you missed a higher ranked option on your list by a few points, and the points drop in a later round, you may well be offered that ... but you will never be offered a lower option on your list, even if the points for it were higher than the course you were offered, and you achieved those points.

The system presumes you knew your own mind when you ranked your choices.

Which is why it is absolutely essential that you rank your CAO choices in the order in which YOU would like to be offered them ... NOT according to what way you think the points might go, not in order of supposed status, not for any other reason except "I really want to do X, that goes down first; if I don't get X, then Y is my next preference ..." and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Planning on doing the LC again in 2110, fufureida?

Wow, that's forward planning!! :p:D

Aw shush you clearly it's a typo...! God dammit >.< lol :P

but thanks I figured it out eventually though!

Advertisement