If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend System for PS3

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

padair wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am looking for some advice in getting a surround sound system for my PS3. My budget at the moment is €300-€350 euros.

What I would like to do is start of getting the basics of a surround sound system and then when the cash is more free flowing, finish off the equipment.

All help is appreciated.

EDIT: This was suggested on another forum as a starter
    http://richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&sub=24&productid=912
    http://richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&sub=100&productid=973

Padair,

That system is pretty much finished now - if I were you I would go for the Onkyo HTS3305 which is an excellent 1.4 ready system at a bonkers £299.95 including the speakers - the quality of this is far superior to the 365 / NSP270 system.

Alternatively if you push the budget a bit you could go for the HTS5305 this is a really serious piece of kit which has just been launched at £399.95 - I can do it on a Boardie special at a bonkers £349.95.

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Thanks John,
    What would be the main differneces between the two systems..?
    And what are the costs of delivery to Dublin.
    Thanks
    Peter.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

padair wrote: »
    Thanks John,
    What would be the main differneces between the two systems..?
    And what are the costs of delivery to Dublin.
    Thanks
    Peter.

Peter,

here are the specs on the 2 systems:

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/HT-S3305.html
    http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/HT-S5305_.html

They are both really excellent systems however the main difference is that the 5305 has a proper active subwoofer - the 3305 does have a powered sub - but the Bass amp is contained in the receiver which does have a significant effect on audio quality.

Delivery for any of these products to Dublin is just £11.95.

Thanks again for the opportunity to quote and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tonymcc

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@tonymcc,

Welcome to Boards.

Please take the time to read the Charter for this forum. This forum has some rules which make it different to a usual discussion forum and it is worth checking them out, in particular the following:

# As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

# This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice.

In circumstances where someone is dealing with Richersounds it is not appropriate to pitch in with suggestions as to what they should buy etc. and accordingly I've snipped the contents of your post above.

Please take note of the rules set out in the charter.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I can vouch for the 3305 system Padair. I got one from Kenny and the lads about a month ago. Granted, I haven't had any sort of a surround sound system for years (not since an €80 box I bought in Superquinn!) but I'm very happy with the Onkyo. If you're around Lucan you're welcome to come have a listen.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.