Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing banks muddle up costing me

Options
  • 20-05-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Basically I tried to change banks from AIB to permanent tsb at the end of April but AIB refused the application because the address on the application was different from my records (I got married and moved to another county in the last few months) but neither bank rang me to inform me of this fact.So my wages were changed to my new TSB account by my employer but my direct debits never transferred so I went to check only to see I’d missed the payment plus AIB had charged me fees!Do I have a case to complain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I couldn't imagine how you would. If you hadn't informed AIB of your new details, what more could they do? They may have written to you..but again, if your information wasn't up to date, that might not have got to you.

PTSB wouldn't know whether or not you have direct debits until they were sent the details by AIB.

Moral of the story: keep your address details up to date with any financial providers you have dealings with.

Advertisement