Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Powell to make the switch to League???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

I dont know, his hands aren't great and he does love to cough up ball in the tackle. Interesting though that he's still making theses noises given that he's allegedly back in the RU fold after buggy-gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

According to The Beeb it sounds like he's pretty definite, probably make the switch in a year or so...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/8695732.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

toomevara wrote: »
    I dont know, his hands aren't great and he does love to cough up ball in the tackle. Interesting though that he's still making theses noises given that he's allegedly back in the RU fold after buggy-gate.

I've heard that said about him quite a bit, but you don't progress to the levels he does if his hands are poor. He made a few high profile mistakes for the Lions I believe in South Africa, but I think they were just highlighted due to the scale of the match he was participating in. The more I think about it the better I think he will be. He has pace, size is a good tackler and can pass. He'll fit into any SL team in the second row no problem and could even play centre at a push. The boost it will give the crusaders is massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I dunno, to me he seems to go back to the start of puberty once the ball comes to him.

Advertisement