Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Medical forum.

Options
  • 20-05-2010 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hi Caoimhín,

You have been banned from Health Sciences for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

ignoring mod instruction

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

Ok, i have been banned from the Medical/applied biology forum because, i believe, i simply questioned the commitment of the medical profession.

I acknowledge that my earlier posts were maybe a little offside, but i think it was wrong to ban me for trying to explain myself. It comes across to me as an attempt to censor any criticism of the medical profession.

I have read the forum rules and ALL the previous posts and I feel that i am not in breach of any rules. In my opinion, you banned me because I persisted in my criticism despite your attempts to silence me.

Since i cant access my original post as i am banned, i cant give an example. However, my post included an apology fro previous (not gratuitous) posts, but i certainly questioned the commitment of doctors in Ireland.

In particular, i took offence at one poster who said he wont work in Ireland because the Minister for Health doesn't show respect.

I suggested that this was a snub to the tax payers (you and I) who paid some towards their education however i was shut down and silenced as soon as possible.

Bury this if you like lads, just had to get it off my chest. I cant understand how the medical profession feels that they are beyond reproach.

If the mod in question would like to quote their original warning followed by my response, i will let every one else make up their own mind.

Kevin
    Sam34
    Caoimhin,

any more of the inflammatory, insulting, derogatory crap and you will be banned.

no further warnings
    Caoimhin
    Fair enough Sam, point taken.

I simply find that a "lack of respect from the minister" as an excuse to not practice in the country where you were educated a little, well, odd

A plain lack of respect on the part of the Minister, the HSE and previous health authorities.

This statement simply amazed me. There are very few professions who graduate and expect to immediately begin work in a well paid job with wonderful hours and respect from your employers. But most of us stick with it and work our way up the system and earn respect.

My comments following this were simply an outburst and I did not mean to generalise or disparage the medical profession in general. I am well aware of the difficult conditions, low pay and stress associated with working as a junior doctor in the Irish health service.

If every civil servant, employee or professional decided to leave the country because of a lack of respect from a government minister, the country would be devoid of professionals.

Do you think many solicitors refuse to practice in Ireland due to a lack of respect form the minister for justice?

If you find my opinion inflammatory, crap or derogatory then ban away, is it s that criticism of your profession in any form is not allowed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,236 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Feedforward is not the place for this. Have you contacted the Mod in question? The CMod? You can access your post by logging out.

Moved to Help Desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Have you contacted the Mod in question?
    Yep, wont reply.
    The CMod?
    Another Doctor perhaps? Guess which side he/she will side on.
    You can access your post by logging out.

Will do.

Thanks Overheal.

Kev.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We have a clearly defined dispute resolution procedure on Boards whereby an issue is in turn dealt with by the mod, CMod and admin. Whatever about not wanting to deal with the mod, you have absolutely no evidence to support your claim that the Science CMods are doctors and would therefore be impartial. Normally I would refer you to the CMods here, but seeing as you've taken matters into your own hands since starting this thread I'm going to deal with the issue.

First off, sam34 was entirely correct in banning you from the Health Sciences forum. You were clearly warned that you would be banned if you persisted with continued sensationalism rather than constructive criticism, so why would you think that you wouldn't be banned?

So that's part one dealt with. Part two is a far more serious matter imo. Following sam34's banning of you, you quite deliberately set about to harass and embarrass her. Dragging up a week old thread in AH just to highlight her post and give her grief over it is quite pathetic. However what you posted in the Ladies Lounge thread is vile and obnoxious, and your ban from that forum is well deserved.

Moderators here are all volunteers who give their time willingly to make the site run smoothly and a better place for people to post in. They don't sign up just so some keyboard warrior with an axe to grind because he got a rap on the knuckles can deliberately set about to abuse them in public. That sort of behaviour will not be tolerated on Boards, and consequently I'm upping your ban to a siteban for a week. If I see any more crap like that from you when your ban expires I will ban you permanently without warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Yep, wont reply.

caoimhin is on my ignore list, and has been for the last few months.

therefore, PMs from him are blocked and do not get to me.

i do however, read his posts in the fora i moderate and deal with them if action is required

Advertisement