Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football this weekend, 21/22 May 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

dfx- wrote: »
    I've just seen Quigley's tackle on Setanta..it doesn't look as bad as the descriptions of it from the main camera angle tbh. The end result does though

He dived in 2 footed over the ball.

I don't see how it could have been worse. You want to see bones proturding though the skin or what?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I know but from reactions I was expecting something inexplicable. I'd say fans of most clubs could list similar tackles. Just that they haven't broken legs.

The fact that it was given a yellow card is much more disgraceful. Same referee that sent off Chambers for not touching anyone in Dundalk and gives goal-kicks for goals, so no surprise there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Foley (surprisingly!) had a great game.

I know I don't see him every week but he was your best player in both games against us. I was surprised to hear that Galway fans don't rate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Freddie took a dive just to make Hooperman feel better;)

Dance off... :pac:

http://vimeo.com/11974276

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

stovelid wrote: »
    Dance off... :pac:

http://vimeo.com/11974276

In fairness Freddy has the moves. Hooperman should stick to the day job....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I've just seen Quigley's tackle on Setanta..it doesn't look as bad as the descriptions of it from the main camera angle tbh. The end result does though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBDVA9cJF0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

doncarlos wrote: »
    I know I don't see him every week but he was your best player in both games against us. I was surprised to hear that Galway fans don't rate him.

I've been to most home games this season and tbh that was his best performance. He'll always be committed and give his all, but the last night I just think it worked for him. He got close to players, made some crunching tackles and his distribution was excellent. Also had a few pops at goal which he normally doesn't attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

this is a fair statement, the telly angle really doesn't show how bad it was. from where we were sitting though, Quigley was lunging straight towards us, the severity of it was instantly clear - worst assault i've ever seen on a soccer pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

In fairness Freddy has the moves. Hooperman should stick to the day job....

That was our reserve Freddie and he still won.:D
    The person who normally does it couldnt make it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Gurrierman ftw :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Just in case there was any question as to whether Hancock, the incompetent fool, had a clear view of this assault or not. He was looking directly at it. How is he allowed to continue refereeing? Is there any quality control in the FAI? IS there any consequences for repeatedly making shocking decisions?

patsvbohsmay2010081.jpg

Advertisement