Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Can't Get Dell to Post wants Password

Options
  • 20-05-2010 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi People, It's been ages since I've been here but I really ran into a problem and I am at my wits end. I built a PC for a friends son. He had a Dell Dimensions 8400 which was a ballsy machine (With a GeForce 7800 GTX etc). I was given this unit as part payment.
    Now I have another good friend who needs a unit so I thought I'd give him this.....:-(

Everytime I try to start it before it will post it asks me for a password (systems Password). Now the Previous owner is triping around India and Nepal and can't be contacted...

I've cleared the bios with Jumpers
    I've cleared the bios by taking the battery out of the board and leaving the PC unplugged overnight

The BIOS HAS BEEN CLEARED (there is a message telling me it is not configured and I need to get into setup) BUT IT STILLS ASKS ME FOR A PASSWORD.

Does anyone know how to override and delete this paion in the XX&@%S

Any and All help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

Advertisement