Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Car Park In City Centre?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if people know what the cheapest car park in the city centre is, paid €14 for a few hours parking the other day and was thinking that there must be better alternatives.

Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Nacho Contreras

The cheapest car park is on Jervis street, well its not actually Jervis its called Swifts row but its where you turn left to go onto Jervis street from the quays, just before the junction with Abbey street on the left. €12 for the whole day or about €2 something an hour

Cheaper again;
    Theres also a very cheap car park near smithfield, think the street its on might be Brunswick street. Its in a massive disused warehouse, only €1 an hour. Not really in the city centre as such but not too far out.

And even cheaper again;
    Theres a street not too far from O'Connell street thats actually free to park on all day every day. I was amazed when I found this place, I don't know if the city council or clampers have forgotten about this street or what but theres no double yellow lines, no signs warning of clamps or anything. I cant remember the name of the street but if you come from Parnell street onto Summerhill and turn right at the little pub on the corner its that side street, theres a convent on the street and a school if i remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The one across from the Irish times building is something like €1.50 an hour but you will probably never get a space during office hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Heuston station.

Capped at 7 quid for the day and the Luas is outside to get into town.

I use it every Friday 8-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Arnotts is €2 for 3 hours if you buy anything. They often just give you the cheaper rate anyway.

Advertisement