Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement double glazing.

• 20-05-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I hope someone can help.

The young lad through a stone through the patio door smashed the glass. Of course he didn't mean to do it - he meant to hit his older brother.:rolleyes:

Anyway does anyone have any idea how much it will cost to replace? It's double glazing and size is approx 6 x 3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I can pm you the number of a guy I've used in the past if you like - he's in Dublin though

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

deelite wrote: »
    I can pm you the number of a guy I've used in the past if you like - he's in Dublin though

Thanks deelite. Unfortunately I'm down in Cork so probably no good to me. I'm guessing it won't be cheap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

sending you a p.m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

largepants wrote: »
    I hope someone can help.

The young lad through a stone through the patio door smashed the glass. Of course he didn't mean to do it - he meant to hit his older brother.:rolleyes:

Anyway does anyone have any idea how much it will cost to replace? It's double glazing and size is approx 6 x 3.

there is a shop on the main street of the west douglas village nearly opposite the bike shop that advertises replacing double glazing on their shop signage. They might be able to give you a quote over the phone

I don't have a name/number for them but maybe someone on here/yourself will be passing them someday and get a number?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

And Me, where I got some recently for doors, the cheapest around.
    I sometimes get confused as to where and what we are allowed to mention about companies if at all, some other areas on boards are not the same, so PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

largepants wrote: »
    I hope someone can help.

Golden pages under, Glass you will find a local supplier, but first ring your insurance co, neighbour of mine had same problem and had broken glass cover on his policy. The insurance co did all the arranging, and like windscreen cover it did not effect no claims bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kbfdirect

Hi Spiderman, Can you send me the name of the double glazing company as i am lookingaround for windows.

Advertisement