Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuji finepix Z35 camera

• 20-05-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Im probably in the wrong place now, so please forgive me, but im new to boards.ie and am still trying to navigate my way around! Im having problems with my new Fuji finepix Z35 camera and just wondered if anybody could help me out.

Firstly, I cannot figure out how to take black and white pics. I had believed and accepted that there was no such setting on the camera, until last week, when I was rushing to change the settings to take a pic and somehow, accidently, found the B&W setting. Of course when I went back to look for it last night, when I had time on my hands, I had no idea where to find it. I have briefly looked through the online user handbook, but can seem to find it there, although I havent gone through all 109 pgs of it properly.

My second issue is that the blur warning symbol is constantly on. I have tried everything, from changing all the settings to taking pics in my badly lit spare room, but no matter what I do, its still there on the screen and driving me mad.

If anyone else who owns one of these cameras could please advise, Id be most grateful, as its doing my head in:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i recently bought one of these for my mum - the b+w setting is explained on page 59 of the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

artyeva wrote: »
    i recently bought one of these for my mum - the b+w setting is explained on page 59 of the manual.

Awe, thank you so much for that! Im not great with manuals and tend to speed read through them, so would prob never have found it. I'll check it out. Thanks again:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have moved this thread over to the general forum.

In digital photography you are generally better off shooting in Colour & then converting to B&W afterwards. Some cameras, like this one, do have a B&W Mode which will do the job but you lose data and control so don't expect great results.

You camera has Image Stabalisation, which they call Anti-Blur. Maybe the indicator you are seeing is saying that you have this turned on? If not then it will mean that the light is too low to get sharp images (in their opinion)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

cabansail is absolutely correct in what he says about the b+w. i only got about an hour to show mum how to use it before she left for the airport in her holliers but the image stabalisation thing - well we just snapped a few shots of ourselves and the dog and even though that icon was flashing at us the shots work as long as you hold it reasonably steady when you press the shutter! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Thats great guys! Thanks so much for the help. The icon annoys me because its constantly on the screen, but the pics seem ok. I might just take it back to where I bought it and ask to be sure, as im not the most technologically minded person:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement