Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

septic tank lids

• 20-05-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering whether people think concrete or aluminium lids are best for septic tank inspection chambers. the chambers are raised off lawn so will not be walked on. have concrete ones at moment but have to be replaced as they were cracked during drainage work. ive seen houses with silver aluminium ones and just wondering if they are better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

Prob Galvanized Steel rather than Alu KM79, I dont think it makes too much difference really, the steel is easier to remove be it a good or bad thing, probably a bad thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ceduffy

i have concrete ones myself but think steel ones will prob look better

• Registered Users Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭km79

the reason im asking is one of them is cracked and needs replacing and also neither of them now fit perfectly into opening leaving a little gap which i think might be letting a bit of a smell out of ??

Advertisement