Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT emmisions fail

Options
  • 20-05-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

hey guys, I just ran my 1l ibiza through the nct and got a fail on the high idle lamda. acceptable is .97 to 1.03 and I got a 1.06.
    far as I reckon, my caty is fine and its either a hole in the exhaust of a borked sensor. anyone got a more likely idea of a guesstemate of the cost to rectify?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

If your exhaust had a hole they would not test it as the result would be wrong.

I'd say clean/change the air filter, tale it for a blast on a fast road to get the engine hot then have it retested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Cheapest way might just to be try an additive and drive it hard up to the test center? I mean it didnt fail by much so that could easily work out!?

Advertisement