Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

new 360 user

• 20-05-2010 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi folks,well my ps3 finally died on me.gonna trade in all my games and put a few quid towards a 360.Don't fancy forkin out 300 + for a new ps3 so have a few question if anyone can help.

Is it wireless ready out of the box and easy to set-up or do i need to buy an adapter.?

Arcade or Elite?Is there much of a difference?

Any 360 exclusives i need to pick up to get me started?

Any reliability issues?RLOD.Got nearly 3 years from my ps3.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

best off goin with the elite ,
    youl need to buy wireless adaptor , nd pay to play online

with the latest models theres alot less chance of getting rrod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

If you encounter the RLOD in the first 3 years with the xbox it will get repaired for free. The newer models are more reliable though.

Games wise. Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are must buys. As for other exclusives it really depends what your into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

The adapter for wireless costs approx. 75 euro - but you could ask them to give it to you free seeing as your buying a new xbox system.

The membership for a year is 60 euro - but when you buy certain games they give you a code for a months free membership.

My son loves Left For Dead .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

deelite wrote: »
    The adapter for wireless costs approx. 75 euro - but you could ask them to give it to you free seeing as your buying a new xbox system.

the chances of them giving it for free are like me wining the lotto lol

best they could do if giv a bit of a discount ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

deelite wrote: »
    The membership for a year is 60 euro

i've never paid much over €35, hit live-code.com to buy the memberships, there are other sources online for much the same prices. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

€300 for Elite with Wireless Adaptor included, Sky Pack which has a 1 month sub for Sky Entertainment and Sports pack and a 1 month Live Sub. Also get to pick a game with it choosing from, among others, Mass Effect 2, Bad Company 2, Forza 3, Dragon Age etc.

I think it's a pretty sweet deal seeing as how the adaptor alone is €60 in Smyths and the Sky Pack (which also comes with the XBox Remote Control) is €20. Only thing you won't get is a second controller but for €30 I'd say it's worth the sacrifice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

niallon wrote: »
    €300 for Elite with Wireless Adaptor included, Sky Pack which has a 1 month sub for Sky Entertainment and Sports pack and a 1 month Live Sub. Also get to pick a game with it choosing from, among others, Mass Effect 2, Bad Company 2, Forza 3, Dragon Age etc.

I think it's a pretty sweet deal seeing as how the adaptor alone is €60 in Smyths and the Sky Pack (which also comes with the XBox Remote Control) is €20. Only thing you won't get is a second controller but for €30 I'd say it's worth the sacrifice.

That's a pretty darn good offer. Also, I'm pretty sure the sky pack comes with 3months live, so with the month you get out the box that's 4 altogther and as someone above mention a 12 month sub is pretty cheap from http://live-codes.com/
    The remote is also really handy if you plan on doing any media watching with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

grimm2005 wrote: »
    That's a pretty darn good offer. Also, I'm pretty sure the sky pack comes with 3months live, so with the month you get out the box that's 4 altogther and as someone above mention a 12 month sub is pretty cheap from http://live-codes.com/
    The remote is also really handy if you plan on doing any media watching with it

How embarrassing, especially given I work there! Yes of course it's one month Sky and 3 Months Live! Now that I think of it too don't quote me on the games included, I'm ninety nine percent sure that what's in that offer is in the list above but I'm not completely sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

antocann wrote: »
    the chances of them giving it for free are like me wining the lotto lol

best they could do if giv a bit of a discount ,

When we went looking for one the cost was 85 euro - anyway the shop (in blanchardstown - can't remember which one) had a deal if you bought any other item in their shop you got the adapter for 50 euro. So I purchased a one euro gift card and got it for 50 euro...:D

Advertisement