Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Years Leaving Cert Bloggers

Options
  • 20-05-2010 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Yano the ones on leaving-cert.net , is it just me or were last years ones much better? I loved reading it last year, bit disappointed this year! What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I completely agree! Last year's ones were a great read. This years ones seem grand but they literally never post anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

zam wrote: »
    This years ones seem grand but they literally never post anything...

I know maybe they're studying constantly! haha! But seriously, why so slow..there were ones going for medicine last year and they had like 2 posts a week, atleast!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Yeah to be fair to them they are doing the LC and are probably stressed/studying etc but a few more posts would be nice :)

Agree with ya there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Valerie is pretty much the best on there. The rest never post anything really. I also happen to think Ronan is a bit of tosser; the narrow minded rants and drunken updates are definitely not impressing me. Last years was a much better group for the blog.

• Advertisement

Ya she is good. Jennie (I think thats her name) from last year was my fave read!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah Valerie's the best this year! Think shes on boards is she??

Agree with Jennie being the best last year too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm going to alert Jennie to this thread....... her ego will love this.

Also one of the mods of this forum was one of the other bloggers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I will admit I was a part of the Jennie fan club.

And am a failed LC blogger. A huge fail. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'd have liked to have done a blog for it myself just never bothered to get in contact with them about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭green909

Jennie's blog was brilliant but I really enjoyed reading all of them last year.
    Even though I'm in college this year I still popped on to the website a few times to read this year blogs and was VERY disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Lawliet wrote: »
    Valerie is pretty much the best on there. The rest never post anything really. I also happen to think Ronan is a bit of tosser; the narrow minded rants and drunken updates are definitely not impressing me. Last years was a much better group for the blog.
    Pretty much agree completely with this. Excluding Valerie, last year's group were far better...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

green909 wrote: »
    Jennie's blog was brilliant but I really enjoyed reading all of them last year.
    Even though I'm in college this year I still popped on to the website a few times to read this year blogs and was VERY disappointed!
    She was pretty damn funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Go Jennie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I have never encountered a more arrogant, stuck up, conceited, pompous individual, in real life or through the internet, as that Jennie creature from last year's LC bloggers.

The way in which she made light of such an important exam by way of regaling us with tales of her drunken debauchery sickened me and many others. She made a complete mockery of the Leaving Cert.

She truly embodies the Spoonerism of the shining wit, in her strongly polarising personality, and I for one find her to be a whining shit.

Ah now that Irish Independant LC blogger from about 2 years ago (think the name was Laura Byrne???) was actually bad.

Jennie was funny and and hey at least she actually made posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

Agh...I saw this thread and my stomach did a kind of churny-horrible-feeling thing.

Yes Conor108, this is Valerie and I am on boards.ie!

I have to admit, I would write a post every day if I wasn't the only one doing it. I really have to pace myself so that the whole homepage isn't just me me me...
    I always wait for someone else to post before I post again, but if ye want me to carry on regardless I shall attempt to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I have never encountered a more arrogant, stuck up, conceited, pompous individual, in real life or through the internet, as that Jennie creature from last year's LC bloggers.

The way in which she made light of such an important exam by way of regaling us with tales of her drunken debauchery sickened me and many others. She made a complete mockery of the Leaving Cert.

She truly embodies the Spoonerism of the shining wit, in her strongly polarising personality, and I for one find her to be a whining shit.

I couldn't agree more.
    I simply couldn't.

She was a joke, and a mess, and like, she just thought she was really deep and profound 'cos she likes books and words and stuff. I think the word "git" sums her up best....

...:pac:

haha :D I vow to never return to this forum after the LC (Bar CAO and stuff).

Does ANYONE remember Laura Byrne's indo blogs?? Maybe I have the wrong name but it was Laura something. She was always on about shoes and one time she was like "I should be studying but I'm buying €900 shoes on ebay" or something??? I'd love a link if anyone knows it, cant find it for the life of me...

EDIT: Nevermind it was Brady! Also found a 30 page thread here on boards about it! Memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Fad wrote: »
    I'm going to alert Jennie to this thread....... her ego will love this.

Also one of the mods of this forum was one of the other bloggers.....

It wasn't me! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

It wasn't me! :P

And it wasn't me, and it wasn't Knifey, process of elimination rly >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Fad wrote: »
    And it wasn't me, and it wasn't Knifey, process of elimination rly >_>
    Piste!!!. My brain is huge:D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

www.leaving-cert.net = account suspended :eek:

Advertisement