Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Business, Accounting and Chemistry hard to do together?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm in TY, and we recently chose our subjects for next year, I put these down but everyone says that they are hard subjects to do. Does anybody have any advice/experience with the three?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

They won't be hard if you like them and are interested in them :) I don't do any business subjects but I can assume there'd be parallels between accounting and business so that's be useful. I do chemistry and it's lovely (if you have a good teacher). It is difficult to understand at first, but once you do it's a lovely subject - it's very straightforward and the course is very small!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Blushingblue

Accounting is a nice subject if you enjoy numbers and loved the numbers side of Business Studies. I never did Business in secondary but my sister did both and she said there is alot in Business but it's theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

I loved accounting up until the end of fifth year and then it became a nightmare. I'd really suggest that unless you're good with figures and learning ratios and really enjoy searching for the crucial mistake in the last 5 minutes of an exam that you don't pick this subject! I do business also and they barely link up, there's one chapter on accounting in business and it's all Junior Cert stuff really. 85% of my class failed their accounting mock due to lack of interest, it really gets boring and complicated. Business is fine, just a lot of learning and you really need to have the exam technique down to a fine art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

Well, I take chemistry and accounting(along with biology)
    To be honest chemistry is interesting but quite difficult to come to terms with.
    Same for accounting, & I got an A in my JC higher business paper, as I also loved business and felt it came naturally - partiularly. However now I'm still finding the accounting manageable, but it was a struggle at some points, I failed my mock!
    The one advantage I will say about both papers is that they're both pretty predictable, especially accounting.
    So I'd suggest you do the two as long as you've got a keen interest in both and don't mind being really challenged at some times.

Advertisement