Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation-walking distance of Croke park?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Need to book somewhere to stay for 3 nights in August, will be in Croke Park for the 3 days. So would like some place that is within walking distance if possible?

I'm also trying to keep it as cheap as possible. The Travelodge is offering the best rates online.

Are any of these Travelodges within walking distance or on bus route? Rathmines, Castleknock, Ballymun

My knowledge of Dublin is limited so somebody here may be able to help me. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

The townhouse is located very close to Croke park. You can get a bed there for 13 euro. For this price you also get a full Irish breakfast and, depending on the day, a bit of a bbq. Here is the link:http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/Globetrotters-The-Townhouse/Dublin/102

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Jurys is just across the road from Croke Park.They may have some sort of deal on If you are attending a function in the stadium.

If you want something a bit more on the cheap side,there's a whole load of hotel's and B+B's on Lower gardiner street which is 5 minutes walk to Croke park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

thanks lads. Jurys is booked out on one of the days as its a sunday of the gaa season.

might have car with me so thats a factor too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pattierosie

aster99 wrote: »
    Need to book somewhere to stay for 3 nights in August, will be in Croke Park for the 3 days. So would like some place that is within walking distance if possible?

I'm also trying to keep it as cheap as possible. The Travelodge is offering the best rates online.

Are any of these Travelodges within walking distance or on bus route? Rathmines, Castleknock, Ballymun

My knowledge of Dublin is limited so somebody here may be able to help me. thanks!

here is a site i know and i already try to find the hotels near croke park ard less than 1 km distance. Keep searching for every booking companies coz they have additional informations, photos and reviews

Cheap Hotels near Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

aster99 wrote: »

ballymun is on one of the bus routes that go near to croke park.. the 13a..i'd say thats your least best option in terms of location though

try the skylon or the regency.. they are both on several bus routes that will bring you into Drumcondra...and also walking distance( about 20-25 minute walk from Croker )

Castleknock -- you could possibly get the train to drumcondra station from Phoenix Park station ?

I'd go for the skylon or the regency.. depending on price.

there is a B&B on Clonliffe Road called the Elvis Guest House.. haven'ta clue what is like but you can't get much closer to Croker

• Advertisement
Advertisement