Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Belfrey Htl & the Reginald

• 20-05-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Heard today that Penney's have bought the Belfrey Hotel and that Langton's of KK have bought or ~ are ~ buying the Reginald, any truth in this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Yes and no respectively I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They showed some interest a while back. I think it has great potential given the opening of the WWRD plant this Summer and the rebranding of that area of the town as the historic quarter. In a somewhat related note, I see that the Munster are reopening the front of their bar quite soon - everyone wants a wedge of the pie it would seem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

AdMMM wrote: »
    They showed some interest a while back. I think it has great potential given the opening of the WWRD plant this Summer and the rebranding of that area of the town as the historic quarter. In a somewhat related note, I see that the Munster are reopening the front of their bar quite soon - everyone wants a wedge of the pie it would seem!

Sure at least some competition will mean you're not run off your feet. :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Given Langton has just purchased a property a few doors down from him on John Street and is also opening a Cafe in Kilkenny Castle I'd imagine he'll sort these before he purchases anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

I expect someone will take up the lease on the vacant property that once was "thirty three" (restaurant, on the mall) given its proximity to the new glass showrooms. The new development is the best thing thats happened to the city centre since city square opened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

still a bit of a ****ty area though atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

anplaya wrote: »
    still a bit of a ****ty area though atm

I disagree. The two eyesores (ESB & the printing place beside it) have had a nice makeover. The Theatre Royal has been refurbished. Bishops Palace always looks good. Ok, the Maryland will always be a blight on the area, but generally it's nice enough there.

Compare and contrast to John St. What will that look like if the likes of Masons, Muldoons and Rubys don't get snapped up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Langtons owners have defo bought the Reg. Bargain price of 500k.
    2 million less then previous owners paid !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Source?

gscully wrote: »
    I disagree. The two eyesores (ESB & the printing place beside it) have had a nice makeover. The Theatre Royal has been refurbished. Bishops Palace always looks good. Ok, the Maryland will always be a blight on the area, but generally it's nice enough there.

Compare and contrast to John St. What will that look like if the likes of Masons, Muldoons and Rubys don't get snapped up?

not talking about the buildings. the area in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

anplaya wrote: »
    not talking about the buildings. the area in general.

What's wrong with it? A theatre, a new tourist attraction, restaurants, tree-lined street with Georgian(?) buildings. I think aesthetically it's one of the nicer areas in town.

amount of dodgy characters in area,i used to live down that way .couldnt wait to get out of there. but maybe thats all in the past now as theres more focus on that area now.i rem ringing the guards about 20 times about cars being broken into etc,they never bothered their holes coming down.

gscully wrote: »
    What's wrong with it? A theatre, a new tourist attraction, restaurants, tree-lined street with Georgian(?) buildings. I think aesthetically it's one of the nicer areas in town.

as i said,nothing to do with buildings,its more the kind of people lurking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

True. Councillors, solicitors, estate agents and the like. Right dodgy bunch around there ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

thomasm wrote: »

Source or gtfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Common knowledge at this point. If needs be I can pm mod with more details to avoid having to gtfo :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Common knowledge at this point. If needs be I can pm mod with more details to avoid having to gtfo :)

Yeah a PM would be good alright, as you say it's common knowledge, well this is the first I've heard of it mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

well considering it's still up on sherry fitzgerald, john rohan's website as for sale i will wait for proper sources.

Ledger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Whats gtfo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Get the fCuk out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Still awaiting something in the form of a PM, thomasm

Advertisement