Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bank for travelling?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

As with loads of other people, I'm having to change my current account and credit card now with Halifax closing. I would have posted in that thread, but I think this is a more general question. If mods disagree, please move accordingly.

I am hoping to go travelling shortly and I have the money sitting in the bank ready to go. The plan is to travel around Asia, NZ and Australia. My big question here is what bank is best for this?

I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, just the one that won't make travelling stressful i.e easy access to money/online banking and not crazy fees.

Can anyone offer any advice based on their experiences?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 emeraldgreen

i would be interested to know too. preferably i would be looking for a bank or a way to take out money abroad where the bank doesnt rip you off. im talking about asia, oz etc. i would be too afraid carrying large quantities of money on me all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i use aib as my main bank and never really had any issues with them in america, dubai, all over europe, moscow.

having said that though ulster bank offer a visa debit card which might suit you better when travelling?

Advertisement