Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOODEN TACK BOX?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hello all,

Where can I get a large wooden tack box? i saw one in a livery and it was great. But I cant seem to find them anywhere on the net.

Thanks

am in wicklow by the way...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Most tack shops should have them, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Buy 2 sheets of plywood, give them to a carpenter and he will make one for you. €90 for the plywood, €10 for hinges and locking hasp, and €50 for the carpenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

finbarrk wrote: »
    Buy 2 sheets of plywood, give them to a carpenter and he will make one for you. €90 for the plywood, €10 for hinges and locking hasp, and €50 for the carpenter.

And if you want to make it Posh get him to cover it with Tongue and Groove:D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭paddlepop

thanks guys-but i dont know a carpenter!

The one I saw was really large but all the tack shops i have been into so far dont seem to have them.

I will keep my eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Go to your local pub. Ask the owner or barman for a recommendation for a carpenter and you will be sorted. Loads of them free these days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement