Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sundried Tomatoes

Options
  • 20-05-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

I've seen these in Lidl and in Superquinn and I love them - but what could I use them for (normally I just eat them on their own everytime I open the fridge). Any Ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

Dressings, Sauces, Salads,Stuffings,added too bread crumb coatingwhen finely chopped sor chicken coating.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I love them in omlettes with feta cheese and rocket/spinach. :D
    Chopped finely on pizzas is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I chop them up an put them into spag bol / lasagne. Its yum.

Also chop up and use on bruschetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I got the dried ones from Lidl, the instructions on the back say to rehydrate them by soaking them in vinegar and water.
    Then use them.
    They are quite dry, and should keep better than the sunblush tomatoes.

great for crostinis, pizzas, panninis. Also great in mince based recipes. Chicken stuffed with mozarella and sundried tomaoes is divine. I normally just have them with some feta, some antipasti meats, some rocket and some crusty bread.

The superquinn ones are quite expensive but so nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Also great in mice based recipes.

sounds horrible to be honest ;)

peanuthead wrote: »
    sounds horrible to be honest ;)

:pac:

you should try it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I got the dried ones from Lidl, the instructions on the back say to rehydrate them by soaking them in vinegar and water.
    Then use them.
    They are quite dry, and should keep better than the sunblush tomatoes.

D'OH - I thought they tasted salty when I was picking out of the fridge - I should have read the back of the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

deelite wrote: »
    D'OH - I thought they tasted salty when I was picking out of the fridge - I should have read the back of the pack.

I only read the instructions by accident! I don't usually read directions for dried tomato's but the label was lying on the table after I opened the pack.

Advertisement