Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things You Never Say

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    I always think about the little voice inside your head that talks to you (i'm not crazy, think about it, you'll understand)

It sounds like you only inside you head..

Anyways, I always wonder whether people think the same strange thoughts I do, or am i alone?
    I always wonder if someone deaf from birth hears a voice in their own head like this or puts it into whatever manner of communication theyre more used to :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

I always wonder if someone deaf from birth hears a voice in their own head like this or puts it into whatever manner of communication theyre more used to :confused:

See, I am not a nut...someone understands me!

And yeah, me too...but would they see hands doing sign language in their head? Then they'd have to have their eyes closed maybe? Hmm...quite the canundum :confused:

See, I am not a nut...someone understands me!

And yeah, me too...but would they see hands doing sign language in their head? Then they'd have to have their eyes closed maybe? Hmm...quite the canundum :confused:
    Actually its pretty well known in this place that I am a nut.
    Im a freakin chin fercryinouloud :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Course deaf people can hear things in their head. There's no audio involved...it's thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 KY

Novella wrote: »
    I do write one of those crazy, personal blogs :P But things I never say IRL and always think, hmm... I guess I always kind of wonder when people are going to just stop being my friend. Man, that sounds so weird! But I have this huge fear of abandonment... so I always think, "Will this be our last hug?" and generally worry that something'll happen to make the people I love go away.

/weirdness :o
    Regarding your friends theres a saying that goes something like 'if they dont hang around to see you at your worst then they sure as hell dont deserve to see you at your best'....

you cant always worry what you say.. people make friends with other people because they like them.. if you cant be your self around them because of how they have reacted then i would re evaluate how comfortable u feel with that friendship and do they deserve your friendship? just try and be urself?

your post isnt weird or is the way u feel but if u love these people then there is a bond there. i used to be the same way years ago when i moved to a new city and the only person i knew was the landlord but then i made friends and realsied if they were real friends they would hang around i stopped worrying and i am freinds with most today. some have moved in different circles due to life circumstances but everyone says daft things, some big some small. the big ones u talk out , the small ones u ignore or laugh about...

i hope some bit of this helps. :)

hugs across the internet waves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

where is hs666????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

KY wrote: »
    Regarding your friends theres a saying that goes something like 'if they dont hang around to see you at your worst then they sure as hell dont deserve to see you at your best'....

you cant always worry what you say.. people make friends with other people because they like them.. if you cant be your self around them because of how they have reacted then i would re evaluate how comfortable u feel with that friendship and do they deserve your friendship? just try and be urself?

your post isnt weird or is the way u feel but if u love these people then there is a bond there. i used to be the same way years ago when i moved to a new city and the only person i knew was the landlord but then i made friends and realsied if they were real friends they would hang around i stopped worrying and i am freinds with most today. some have moved in different circles due to life circumstances but everyone says daft things, some big some small. the big ones u talk out , the small ones u ignore or laugh about...

i hope some bit of this helps. :)

hugs across the internet waves.

I don't really think it's that I constantly worry about what I say... I just don't expect people to stick around very long, 'cause I dunno, I'm not exactly a barrel of laughs! But I know what you mean, and it does help :) Thanks!

Course deaf people can hear things in their head. There's no audio involved...it's thought.
    But what voice is it heard in?My thoughts are in my voice to me :confused:

I don't really think it's that I constantly worry about what I say... I just don't expect people to stick around very long, 'cause I dunno, I'm not exactly a barrel of laughs! But I know what you mean, and it does help :) Thanks!
    im not a barrel of laughs.. im not the life and soul of the party, i dont drink or smoke.. if i go out and someone gives me hassle about not drinking ill 'jokingingly' asking them if they have a drinking problem if they push it.... i used to be paranoid and anxious about my quiet nature now i see it as a positive and people draw more towards me... if i dont ant to go out, i wont think ' oh god what wil they think or will they ever talk to me again' etc etc.. ill just stay in and gt on with it and meet up with them some other time... ill be myself.. this didnt happen overnight.. but as i said when i stopped freaking out about something i may or may not have said or worrying about how introverted i was , i grew into myself and became happier...

Deaf people have a voice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Of course, but they've never heard it.

But if they've never heard anything, how would they know what it sounds like? *

*I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just confuzzled

They can 'hear' what's in their own head, again there's no audio involved there. It's in your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Bite your tongue and read this sentence out loud in your head.

MINDFÚCK.

They can 'hear' what's in their own head, again there's no audio involved there. It's in your head.

Yeah, but we hear our own voices, which means we must have heard them to hear them in our heads

But they haven't hear what they sound like, so who's voice do they hear?

I never hear my own voice in my head. :confused: Wtf is wrong with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

You're cool like me.

And the rest of these guys are insane.

Yeah, but we hear our own voices, which means we must have heard them to hear them in our heads

But they haven't hear what they sound like, so who's voice do they hear?

Oh dear

Morgan Freeman's

You probably do, you may not realise it though..like you know when you're saying something to yourself, but not outloud, in your head, and in a way you can hear it? You don't really realise it but it's your voice...

Well that's what I have anyways, could just be me :P

You probably do, you may not realise it though..like you know when you're saying something to yourself, but not outloud, in your head, and in a way you can hear it? You don't really realise it but it's your voice...

Well that's what I have anyways, could just be me :P

Yeah... No... I don't talk in my head. Ever. Like... why would I say something to myself in my head?! I think things in my head... but not in a voice! I'd think, oh hey, I'm hungry now, should eat but there's no running commentary goin' on up there!

Although now I am starting to worry! :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh dear

Morgan Freeman's

:O

Me=jealous much

I'm now going to train the voice inside my head to speak in Morgan Freeman's voice...although will probably just turn out as me trying to do a Morgan Freeman voice :confused:

This thread is starting to hurt my head

:D ^ it rhymes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I think we must be think about different sorts of hearing. What I hear in my head sounds exactly like what I hear with my ears; a deaf person couldn't possibly hear in that way, someone who has never heard could hardly have much of a comprihension of what sounds sound like so they'll have developed their own way of thinking, like a lot of people who are just more visually minded.

...although in saying that I will admit that I am not deaf, nor do 'i know many deaf people, and could be completely wrong.:rolleyes:

Yeah... No... I don't talk in my head. Ever. Like... why would I say something to myself in my head?! I think things in my head... but not in a voice! I'd think, oh hey, I'm hungry now, should eat but there's no running commentary goin' on up there!

Although now I am starting to worry! :pac:

Even reading that, I could hear it in my head...not like hear hear, but I knew I was saying it? I'm very very bad at explaining things sorry :P

the thinking is known as the inner voice me thinks... thats what my inner voice is telling me. oh my head hurts now too...:rolleyes:

IM GOIN MAD!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

funnily enough I never say never! :pac:

I'm sorry I started this now :P

I'm so confused :(

And Ultimate Chin, us nuts should stick together...we're normal...for nuts :P

Even reading that, I could hear it in my head...not like hear hear, but I knew I was saying it? I'm very very bad at explaining things sorry :P

When I read in my head, I don't hear it as a voice! I just see words and know what they mean, and respond and everything's cool! There is no mini me sitting up there reading everything out to me in my own voice! :pac:

This is all becoming too much for me! I'm kind of sad I have no inner voice now! Hmph /runs

us nuts should stick together

...not my most thought-through sentence :/

• Advertisement

your thought process is your inner voice.. so when you think you feel sad about having no inner voice that thought that made you sad is your inner voice....

Advertisement