Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 Problem???

Options
  • 20-05-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi I have the htc hd2 phone and the touch screen keeps freezing on it, does anyone know can anything be done to stop this happening???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

metoyouxxx wrote: »
    Hi I have the htc hd2 phone and the touch screen keeps freezing on it, does anyone know can anything be done to stop this happening???
    It runs on Windows Mobile 6.5. Freezing from time to time is to be expected unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭metoyouxxx

It runs on Windows Mobile 6.5. Freezing from time to time is to be expected unfortunately :(

aagghh i cant even take off the screen lock :mad::(:mad: stupid thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Did you update the phone? update roms can be found on htc website... alternatively flash a custom rom with all the Microsoft crap taken of it and tweaked for better performance :)

i use Clean Ex ROM very fast and stable :)

think MS should add how to mod your WM phone in the instructions manual :) usually what they give to the customer needs to be modded with help of XDA Developers to make full potential of it :) and believe me the potential is very big :)

btw had a few lags on the HD2 but never froze to me :) try not to overload handset with loads of apps or other crap :) might help... regularly restart the phone too or use RAM cleaning software to increase performance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Yea, that happened to me before, I tried to get the phone to unlock by sliding the unlock tab and it just went white and locked the phone by itself again... I ended up putting a new rom and radio on it and it's working perfectly now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

metoyouxxx wrote: »
    aagghh i cant even take off the screen lock :mad::(:mad: stupid thing

Is that your first wm-phone?
    Apps don't all 'close' when you close them.
    Install Dutty's task manager. The X will actually close apps when you have that installed.
    Also: Games and such can be installed on the mem card. Keep a bit of breathing room on the device memory.

Once you have the phone as you like it, download the trial version of Dinar Soft's MemMaid. It's fully functional for 15 days, and it will clean every little bit of junk and registry fluff.

When you feel daring, scout for a free registry editor and use that to delete dead reg entries when you uninstall programs.

We have 2 HD2s in our household - neither has frozen or lagged ever...in 2+ months of heavy, heavy use.

Enjoy the phone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=114610&stc=1&d=1274456995

That is my HD2 running some pretty heavy apps (the list continues actually).

Plenty of life in that thing, if you give it a chance :P

Advertisement