Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capture software (not Fraps) for BC2?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Yo all,

I'm looking for some video capture software that ain't Fraps, as I had some problems with it, and it was a pain in the hole to remove it (reinstall of Windows). Saw some video there a while back by steve_ using "wegame" but without audio. Anyone have any idea's for other software? I don't mind paying for good software :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

WHAAATTTT!!!

You had to re-install windows to get rid of FRAPS, something wrong there big time. Were you using the trail version or the full software? Dublin Gunner has the full fraps he mail you IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    WHAAATTTT!!!

You had to re-install windows to get rid of FRAPS, something wrong there big time. Were you using the trail version or the full software? Dublin Gunner has the full fraps he mail you IIRC.
    Had lots of problems with it, mainly it wouldn't let the alt+tab bit of Steam run in-game, when running it on Windows 7. I tried multiple ways, deleting it from the registry, the PC, etc. Seems many MANY people had the same problem getting rid of it from Windows, so no. It's never going back on.

Went from the beta to the full version of Windows 7, and have not reloaded it back on, so yeah, a full reinstall got rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

the_syco wrote: »
    Had lots of problems with it, mainly it wouldn't let the alt+tab bit of Steam run in-game, when running it on Windows 7. I tried multiple ways, deleting it from the registry, the PC, etc. Seems many MANY people had the same problem getting rid of it from Windows, so no. It's never going back on.

Went from the beta to the full version of Windows 7, and have not reloaded it back on, so yeah, a full reinstall got rid of it.

maybe cos steam is shift+tab to bring up the overlay??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

xfire's ingame recording works perfect for me. I also use it's broadcasting sometimes to show off my cod4 skiiiiillz. Doesn't bode well on a 1mb connection though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Might try Xfire tonite myself....although I would love to be able to record myself in a 3rd person view. Or someone could record me...that would be mad funny.

• Advertisement

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    maybe cos steam is shift+tab to bring up the overlay??
    Ah, alt, shift, whichever (ya cheeky bastard :P). Fraps and steam doesn't work well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

lol.try get xfire,
    ive used the record and broadcast, take up very little resource.

May try xFire.

Tried HyperCam. Meh. No lag, but the playback video kept flashing black. Not good.

Also tried GameCam, but that didn't run.

Advertisement